SUBFLOOR, LUAN, NOTHING?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpoland33

I know I've posted in here already but next phase..next question. Tore the carpet out and replacing with Pergo Outlast.

1. They had padding down but nothing else. It was just on the subfloor.
2. I have a 1/4" valley in my floor...assuming a joist is in lower than the rest. This appears to be where the majority of my squeaking is coming from, along that joist.
3. I have more than 1/2" but less than 3/4" height difference between the subfloor and the kitchen flooring (which I am not taking out so would need a transition.

Pergo Outlast's tech support said they have a thing called floor mate ( i think thats what it is) that is approved for Pergo Outlast in order to provide a little sound buffer. It's thin. Would you put Luan or a 3/8" piece of plywood down or something like that on top of the subfloor? Pergo Outlast says its 10MM- not sure if that's with their included underlayment/padding or not. If I do that, would that plywood or luan be okay against the current drywall or would I have to cut out for it to fit under rather than against?

Best/easiest ways to fill that valley in? I'm going to TRY to possibly go under the flooring and shim it up to fill in the gap but I imagine with glue and nails already in place, I'm going to have a tough time with that.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back