That’s just how things are now

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.J.

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Waiting for some dining room chairs to be delivered today, supposed to be between 9 and noon thirty. Noon twenty I call the store and ask what’s up cus the ol man wants to go out to lunch. The store tells me they were unable to deliver the chairs because they couldn’t get ahold of us. The wife says she saw a moving truck out front when she returned from running some errands bout 11. So apparently the delivery company drove to the house but since the phone wasn’t working they ‘couldn’t get ahold of us’ and left. We were home the whole time. They never even bothered to come to the front door and knock on it or ring the door bell. How stupid is that.

So I’m explaining this to the ol man and say they won’t be delivering the chairs today. Fuck them, we’re going to lunch. He looks at me like really. Yes really, fuck them, that’s just how things are these days, dad. I told them they suck and we better have our chairs tomorrow cus you just wasted my day. I got the blah blah about third party delivery company. Whatever. I’m not nice. Don’t have to be because clearly it doesn’t matter. I expect this shit from HD, not a high end furniture store.

What kind of bullshit have you guys noticed that is just how it is these days?

We go out to lunch today and there is a QR code on the table. Take a pic of it and the menu pulls up on your phone. My dad is 81 and has never seen this in his life. I explain to him that this is just how it is now then I tell the waitress we all have flip phones with no cameras so we need the old fashioned menu. I’m not QR coding a menu!

I called a garage door company for a new opener couple weeks ago left a message an old acquaintance I knew back in the day. Said couple weeks I want a new one. Couple weeks pass, the wife tells me from Facebook he sold the company to a larger company. I knew he was tired of it and said he wanted to do airboat tours that he’s been doing. So I talk to new company and they say they can come out the 20th of August. I’m not sure to replace at that time I’ll have to call back. It’s a 10 ft door. The 3rd of 5 being updated.

The garage door company called left a message saying they can move my appt up. I call back and they say to measure the door. I said I want a new mechanical opener(not the remote) oh that’s a different guy. It would’ve been a week later than original appt. I said I’ll call back. Similar to my dryer repair 3 times over a few month period. I expect things to get worse.

We go out to lunch today and there is a QR code on the table. Take a pic of it and the menu pulls up on your phone. My dad is 81 and has never seen this in his life. I explain to him that this is just how it is now then I tell the waitress we all have flip phones with no cameras so we need the old fashioned menu. I’m not QR coding a menu!
Never heard of that before.

Ordered another lunch cooler from Amazon. It got delivered to the neighbors house and we got their floor mats for their car. C’mon, you had one job!

D7C9BCDC-E229-4DBE-9001-49C29FB5D46F.jpeg

The wife bought a $30 BBQ. I put it together and lit some briquettes. The old man asked me how the hell I got them going so quick. They’re Kingsford match light briquettes. They light with the touch of a match. My dad was just amazed.
F2312DD7-3E3A-4118-9B44-6095BC629F02.jpeg

I'm sorry, propane doesn't taste the same as briquettes..... 'specially with a mesquite blend.
Lump charcoal is for melting steel.
Found that out while cooking some burgers.

Ordered another lunch cooler from Amazon. It got delivered to the neighbors house and we got their floor mats for their car. C’mon, you had one job!

View attachment 12642

The wife bought a $30 BBQ. I put it together and lit some briquettes. The old man asked me how the hell I got them going so quick. They’re Kingsford match light briquettes. They light with the touch of a match. My dad was just amazed.
View attachment 12643
You know, I've never actually tried those. ..... I made a chimney starter and use newspaper but then newspaper got so expensive I read my news on my phone. I guess I don't use charcoal anymore cuz I refuse to use my phone to start the briquettes. 😁

Went to my aunt n uncles house for pizza the other day. Last time I talked with them they were so excited about getting a new front door that I made it a point to check it out. They got hacked. Painters didn’t mask off a single thing. Gold hinges and all the hardware was all sprayed white. Even their gold doorbell thingy was painted white. Somebody is coming back this week to switch out all the door hardware with new hardware because that’s cheaper and faster than spending the time to clean paint off of what is currently there. I told them that’s just how it is now. Nobody cares, somebody else will come behind and clean up the mess. Funny thing is my aunt sent me the number to this company (a restoration company) when I moved here telling me they were always looking for good help. No thank you. She for some reason loves them even though they do stupid stuff like this. Last time she used them they dusted out her house during a bathroom remodel because they cut the tile inside with a grinder. Ended up having to repaint several rooms as well because of other stupid stuff they did yet they keep calling them back for more work. I don’t get it. Again, that’s just how it is now.

So I go with my uncle to pick up the pizza. He called in the order around 1 or 2 to be picked up at 5 something. Despite calling in the order hours ahead of time he still ends up waiting a half hour for the order. He was furious, couldn’t stop talking about it all night. Says he’s going to complain to management and won’t ever go back there again. The whole time we’re waiting he’s watching door dash and grub hub drivers come and go yet he’s still waiting, and getting madder. I told him they don’t care about you, you’re one lousy order on a holiday weekend, that’s just how it is now. He asks me what I would have done. I told him I woulda gone off on them. Cussed em out and called them retards to their faces amongst other things. They prolly would a kicked me out of the restaurant because of it and I’d end up showing back up to the house with a bag of Taco Bell for everyone, but I would feel better for telling them off. Besides what do you care you’re never going there again, right. Taco Bell will make a turd just as well as chain pizza.

That’s just how it is now but you’ll keep puttin up with incompetence as long as they’re nice.

he whole time we’re waiting he’s watching door dash and grub hub drivers come and go yet he’s still waiting
I walked in to a Subway the other day and there was on person ahead of me half way through having a sandwich made. I thought to myself, well this is swell, in and out. Before I could even line up the counter man says to me "Its gonna be a while" well I was perplexed, there was one person ahead of me and 2 employees.. how is that going to be a while. He continued "we have 6 online orders and 2 Skips ahead of you" at which point I blurted out "Well I miss the days when people had to walk their fat lazy asses to the restaurant if they wanted to get fed" and left.

This nonsense is making me crazy.

I walked in to a Subway the other day and there was on person ahead of me half way through having a sandwich made. I thought to myself, well this is swell, in and out. Before I could even line up the counter man says to me "Its gonna be a while" well I was perplexed, there was one person ahead of me and 2 employees.. how is that going to be a while. He continued "we have 6 online orders and 2 Skips ahead of you" at which point I blurted out "Well I miss the days when people had to walk their fat lazy asses to the restaurant if they wanted to get fed" and left.

This nonsense is making me crazy.
My daughter ordered some Subway using an app on her phone for me. I got to the speaker box and told them what I was after. 30 minutes later I finally get to the pickup window to be told they could not make my food, because they were out of the meat. I told them to cancel. Have been fighting them for 2 months to get a refund.

Thats insane. Seevice industry might as well just be renamed the "suck it" industry.

As an aside, I was charged 617 dollars one day for a dozen cookies at subway, this is what happens when no one pays attention to the POS and I run my card through.

Needless to say, I did not have a hard time getting a refund and they gave me some free cookies to boot!

Latest posts

Back