The Answer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man,CFR, you hit that nail on the head. When I was dealing with HD I would get the stores calling me and asking me questions that I knew they knew the answer to. They were trying to get me on the hook if the job went south yet they would still make the sale with no liability when the shit hit the fan. I would have them ask me if they could 1/4 turn carpet so a customer could save some money 5 minutes after they tried to make us eat a different job that the installer 1/4 turned the carpet on.

My buddy gets pissed when people ask him leading or lazy questions. You have a phone in your hand that has all the answers you’ll ever need. You’re either asking me because you’re too lazy to look up the answer yourself or you’re trying to get me on the hook for something.

My buddy gets pissed when people ask him leading or lazy questions. You have a phone in your hand that has all the answers you’ll ever need. You’re either asking me because you’re too lazy to look up the answer yourself or you’re trying to get me on the hook for something.
Are they haven't done something before and they respect you and your opinion. 😉

Installing for HD, and Lowe’s, wasn’t too bad. I actually made decent money. You just had to know when to walk away and document everything to cover your ass. Working in the office for a service provider for HD made me want to jump off a bridge. The stores want to make the sale, the customers wanted perfection out of mediocre products in iffy situations and a lot of the installers just plain sucked (but they could pass a background check). I really hated that job and 98% of the people at HD. I was the enemy and had to be able to prove everything. EVERYTHING! It was a constant battle every day and you couldn’t say no. Then when a job went south I was expected to be able to fix it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back