The Big 10 Inch

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
The 10 inch has landed. Its going to need a coat of Woca oil when finished.

20160627_100352.jpg

20160627_100341.jpg

I have no idea why I read this post. Maybe I wanted to see how the other half lives? ;)

Seriously, because of the size how much harder is it to lay? I imagine the floor has to be pretty darn flat?

I have no idea why I read this post. Maybe I wanted to see how the other half lives? ;)

Seriously, because of the size how much harder is it to lay? I imagine the floor has to be pretty darn flat?

Probably the same reason as me. When I saw the big 10" I had to check it out but for a different reason as he posted.

Daris

I cant reach it so spitting it out is impossible for me anyways. :birthday:

Last edited:
Its going very well. The woods made in Indonesia. Not so good. But prefinished with woca oil. Finger jointed 3/4 inch thick 3 ply. At least a 5mm lamella with a perfect balanced core and bottom. Which not many manufacturers seem to understand Ten footers are difficult to make end cuts on so i try to layout the row ending with small lengths.

20160707_155929.jpg

20160707_155911.jpg

20160705_084423.jpg

20160706_104108.jpg

In that last image and thinking about the width and length of those boards, I'd have to assume they are pretty much self aligning when gluing together the second row, when doing a long room?

In that last image and thinking about the width and length of those boards, I'd have to assume they are pretty much self aligning when gluing together the second row, when doing a long room?

Hmm, well I scribe the wall part for the first row and brace the end joints with a spacer. Then on the second row I put the ratchet strap on the end joints to keep it in place and pull the floor together nice and tight.
I do that for the first three rows and go do something else until it sets good. Did that answer your question?

This stuff is a dream to put together. Had much worse 5 inch stuff thats bowed and tweaked.

Latest posts

Back