The hassles I am having

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
I do understand why banks, doctors have things in place to prevent people who are not able to rip others off etc
No problem for me BUT there must be others who are worse off than me having to sort out their details
What do you think of my banks reply to my questions?
PC gone to far

Re: General Enquiry​

> > On 10/05/2022 12:49 PM, MR JON SCANLAN wrote: > > > > I have been advised to get my affairs in order as everything is in my name only > > > >
1 I am wondering if I should change my accounts to joint so that wife could just carry on using my bank account as if I was still here as per my will with everything going to her? > > > >
2 Would the bank shut my accounts until the will goes through leaving the wife with no money? > > > >
3 What I am really asking is how do I go about things and is this for lawyer to solve so there are no hassles later or can I just do it through the bank? > > > >
4 I do understand you can not give legal or finance advise > > > > Many thanks > > JON SCANLAN > >

ANZ BANK REPLY
Thank you Jon for your message about changing the signing authority on your accounts. > > For your security, all existing and new signatories to the account will need to visit an ANZ branch with appropriate identification. Please copy and paste the link below to your internet browser for acceptable forms of identification: > > http://www.anz.co.nz/resources/4/a/4ac9ca804cd474cd93b9ffc0c7ad410a/acceptableID.pdf?MOD=AJPERES > > If there's anything else we can help you with, simply reply to this secure Bank Mail. If you'd like us to arrange an appointment, include your preferred branch, date and time. > > Thanks for banking with ANZ. > > Kind regards, > > Monica > Service Consultant | ANZ Contact Centre > Phone: 0800 269 296 (+64 4 470 3142) > > Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ANZ_NZ > Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ANZNewZealand > > On 10/05/2022 12:49

My REPLY

Thank you for your reply > At the present time I find it easier to crawl around the house due to back problems. I have been getting around re doctors etc by wheel chair but the stairs etc in the house make it very hard so to make an appointment to see you is hard work > We will think about how to get around this > Many thanks > Jon Scanlan

BANK REPLY

Hi Mr Jon Thanks for your response ,I hope you recover soon from back problems ,I can understand where you coming from when it comes to booking branch appt . we do have branches with wheelchair access so please let us know when you are able to book it in we will check this for you . I am so sorry to hear and feel like we making it hard for you unfortunately we have no other way around and getting paperwork sorted for account authority. i hope you understand the procedure we got in place and wishing you speedy recovery . Again my sincere apologies for any inconvenience I hope this has been of some help, should you have any further questions please simply respond to this secure bank mail. Kind regards, Rajwinder Service Consultant | ANZ Contact Centre Phone: 0800 269 296 (+64 4 470 3142) Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ANZ_NZ Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ANZNewZealand On 11/05/2022

I hate reading this Jon. I wish I was closer so I could help. I would recommend getting an attorney, paying them a few hours of consulting fee, and make sure the transition is seamless.

I hate reading this Jon. I wish I was closer so I could help. I would recommend getting an attorney, paying them a few hours of consulting fee, and make sure the transit

I hate reading this Jon. I wish I was closer so I could help. I would recommend getting an attorney, paying them a few hours of consulting fee, and make sure the transition is seamless.

We are getting there Hav
What makes it hard is that the questions I asked the bank were in a way should have been a standard answer yes or no
Okay I can live with having to go to the bank to make any changes BUT when I tell the bank I have difficulty getting around they say wheel chair parking available But I have just told you I have trouble getting around and once again you say there is wheel chair parking at some banks. High lighted bits. Pull out hair :)

Look into a living trust. Spend a little now, save a ton later.

Even with a will your estate has to go to probate. That will cost you money and that’s where lawyers make their money. With a living trust there’s no probate.
Many lawyers tend to get a little greedy and “forget” to mention this….
Might work differently in other countries but worth looking into.

Well worth the couple grand to set one up.

Your not getting it
I kept telling them I cant walk and their reply was there is wheel chair parking at some banks
What part of finding it very hard for me to get around dont they understand to keep telling me there wheel chair parking ?
I even wrote it in English in an English speaking country:)

Your not getting it
I kept telling them I cant walk and their reply was there is wheel chair parking at some banks
What part of finding it very hard for me to get around dont they understand to keep telling me there wheel chair parking ?
I even wrote it in English in an English speaking country:)

People have blinders on these days. I certainly understand your situation. When my mom passed my dad had to get a refund for a trip they planned and had already paid for. You wouldn’t believe the hoops he had to jump through to get a refund and he didn’t even have to go anywhere.

People have blinders on these days. I certainly understand your situation. When my mom passed my dad had to get a refund for a trip they planned and had already paid for. You wouldn’t believe the hoops he had to jump through to get a refund and he didn’t even have to go anywhere.
Makes you pull your hair out eh
I remember years ago while in America trying to find out where one of our suitcases was as it never arrived at the airport with us .Airline was sending it to the hotel, when we asked at the reception if they had seen it. was told I dont get paid enough to think. Gave him $10 and guess what? He could find it, never forget that learning curve how the system works :)

Maybe said employee was told that by his boss. I’ve been told I don’t get paid to have an opinion. Nothing will motivate you to stop giving a shit like being told something like that.

When I had my living will and trust completed, I never had to leave the house. The attorney sent letters to all involved, including all banks, the county assessor (for my houses) and even made sure all cars were in the Mr or Mrs, not Mr and Mrs. Best $2k ever spent.

When I had my living will and trust completed, I never had to leave the house. The attorney sent letters to all involved, including all banks, the county assessor (for my houses) and even made sure all cars were in the Mr or Mrs, not Mr and Mrs. Best $2k ever spent.

I agree and until I find out what the will actually says, I dont have a copy, everything could already be sorted
what I a trying to do at the moment is just getting all my ducks in a row so that any questions which pop up I have already thought about
Well I have nothing to do each day except annoy you guys and watch TV. Still have my marbles and the end isnt for awhile yet I hope :)
A friend of mine told me yesterday his brother had a will written out ready to be signed but died the day before he was meant to sign it so everything took months to sort out

I agree and until I find out what the will actually says, I dont have a copy, everything could already be sorted
what I a trying to do at the moment is just getting all my ducks in a row so that any questions which pop up I have already thought about
Well I have nothing to do each day except annoy you guys and watch TV. Still have my marbles and the end isnt for awhile yet I hope :)
A friend of mine told me yesterday his brother had a will written out ready to be signed but died the day before he was meant to sign it so everything took months to sort out

Also accountant maybe interested in certain different deals I have going more than a lawyer would be

Still have my marbles and the end isnt for awhile yet I hope :)
Hi Jon, sorry about the situation your in. I trust in you to get what needs to be done, despite the road blocks from customer service reps. Some situations are best handled with a phone call as the written word can get lost in translation......Maybe the wife goes to the bank, ( with a 10 dollar bill 💵 😜 ) fills out the forms, brings her identification and then calls you on ‘Face Time’ for verbal approval, ( in front of the manager ) to set up the joint account. Then maybe the bank could send a ‘Notory Public’ to your house to complete the signature part ? Best of luck getting the ducks 🦆 in a row Mate ! And I hope 🤞 you have years and years to do it.

It's not something I was expecting to hear Jon, but you are thinking in advance, hopefully loooooong in advance, to make this easier on your wife. You're not annoying us.
It's better for us that you keep us informed.
You need to be more blunt with the bank. Get the forms filled out that they request and then tell them that you have them filled out but are unable to leave your home because of your back and your stairs. Don't tell them it's difficult to leave your home, tell them you can't, or tell them it's impossible because of your condition.

My MIL passed 5 years ago with no will and things are still up in the air. My wife was executor the first 2 years but after paying $400 a year for bond twice, she quit. New executor says he is putting it all up for auction. We wish he would.

My MIL passed 5 years ago with no will and things are still up in the air. My wife was executor the first 2 years but after paying $400 a year for bond twice, she quit. New executor says he is putting it all up for auction. We wish he would.
Sorry to hear that. It’s a hard enough time without all the financial turmoil. Precisely why a trust is a necessity these days. Makes things easy peazy when the time comes. No lawyers, no courts.

A will is not enough.

Sorry to hear that. It’s a hard enough time without all the financial turmoil. Precisely why a trust is a necessity these days. Makes things easy peazy when the time comes. No lawyers, no courts.

A will is not enough.
My wife's sister is impossible. My wife told her she could have it all, and she is still not willing to settle it.

Latest posts

Back