The Jig Pro… for Chris

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
Yes, I made this solely to rest my jig saw on.
I used just a board for a long time over a trash can and the board would dance all over and sometimes fall off, when using the saw.
This locks right onto the can and stays put.
It’s pretty simple but it’s something I use nearly every day.
89FC3953-2E35-469D-87A8-8BE129437D90.jpeg
94AFA313-9720-4A09-A300-AFC651A9034B.jpeg

I love it. I’m gonna have to make me one now. I’m due to make a new putty box as well. I like to see the evolution of tools, jigs, work stations and all that kind of stuff that installers come up with throughout the years. It’s a never ending process.

Yes, I made this solely to rest my jig saw on.
I used just a board for a long time over a trash can and the board would dance all over and sometimes fall off, when using the saw.
This locks right onto the can and stays put.
It’s pretty simple but it’s something I use nearly every day. View attachment 13565View attachment 13566
That just made my day
Thank You

You better hurry up and get a patent on that. Somebody's going to steal it and have it made in China and undercut all your profits.

Last edited:
I kept a piece of the Khars floor I just demoed and I’m gonna make my own jig pro out of that. If I do it while I’m stoned does that count as being made while Chinese.

No matter how lit you get, still better than china junk!

That’s Awsome.
The first one I made I use the router to make a channel like you did.
I ended up setting it in the trashcan full of scraps and dumping it in the dumpster one morning not realizing it was in there.
so the new one is just a 2 x 6 wood some boards scabbed on the back.
You got the nicer jig pro.

I hate losing tools especially since I’m the one who paid for them. There’s been a number of times I pulled over on the side of the road and checked to make sure everything made it back into my van otherwise I was turning around to go back and get it. Workin with helpers n such and that kinda stuff tends to happen.

I hate losing tools especially since I’m the one who paid for them. There’s been a number of times I pulled over on the side of the road and checked to make sure everything made it back into my van otherwise I was turning around to go back and get it. Workin with helpers n such and that kinda stuff tends to happen.

If you have help that leaves things behind, take it out of their check.
That's how I handle that. I guarantee it won't happen as often if not ever again.
I normally feel bad about doing it but it's tough love. Everyone makes mistakes, we're all human. But mistakes cost money! I usually reimburse the money when things get corrected and they understand to check, double check and triple check for tools etc.
I have had the same helper for almost 5 years now. So that doesn't happen too much anymore and to be honest, when it does happen it's usually my fault.
When we do leave something behind it's usually just a broom.

If you have help that leaves things behind, take it out of their check.
That's how I handle that. I guarantee it won't happen as often if not ever again.
I normally feel bad about doing it but it's tough love. Everyone makes mistakes, we're all human. But mistakes cost money! I usually reimburse the money when things get corrected and they understand to check, double check and triple check for tools etc.
I have had the same helper for almost 5 years now. So that doesn't happen too much anymore and to be honest, when it does happen it's usually my fault.
When we do leave something behind it's usually just a broom.

Damn fine idea. A kick in the pocket book will sink a lesson in real quick.

I’m rollin solo these days cus I just don’t have the patience right now to deal with training a new kid. That and I take time off here n there and with a helper they usually can’t afford to miss a months pay.

Latest posts

Back