The savings of heating with wood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
Dan had mentioned cutting fire wood which reminded me of this little diddy. I've heated with wood now for 38 years and for others that do, some of this will be very familiar. :D Keep in mind that this was printed in the late 70's as far as prices go.

Scan0008.jpg

Never heard of those Darol. Do ya remember BEER beer back around '79. The box was white and it just said BEER in black letters.

Never heard of those Darol. Do ya remember BEER beer back around '79. The box was white and it just said BEER in black letters.

I've got one of those 'BEER' bottles around here somewhere. It was a stubby.

Brown Derby and Fisher were reeeeally cheap and not so good beer. In 73, Fisher sold at a little market here for 79 cents a sixer. If it wasn't super cold, it was hard to drink. A good winter time drink. Just stuff it in the snow outside the door.:D

My dad bought a gas station, I think it was early 60's, there was a gas war, price dropped to 10 cents. He was losing a nickel a gallon. Didn't take him long to go out of business.

What about our beer Darol?:D

Yep, you've got some good beer Jon. The only one I can remember is Double Brown. You get some great mileage out of a bottle.:)

Gas .24 a gallon. I remember .19 but that was back before Christ left Chicago.
That picture must have been in the 20's-30's.

Daris

I can remember those kind of places when I was a kid in the San Joaquin Valley area of California. Mostly getting BB's, candy and bait for fishing. The old wooden squeaky floors were great. Dad, he'd get a high quality bottle of Thunderbird.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back