They removed a wall

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Quickstep is installed in a kitchen, dining room and an entryway.
It's a manufactured home. The sketch shows the rooms and the entry and the wall that was removed.
I was wondering if I could remove the edge moldings and the entryway entirely, and then tap out the dining room's end cut planks that were previously a wall cut........... and then 'sew in' new planks as needed, and continue into the entry making it all one floor.
The customer has two full boxes of planks left over from the original installation which will be plenty considering I can use at least one or two planks per row from the ones I remove from the entry.
To the right, and lower part of the diagram is a looped pile carpet in the living room. I'll patch in some carpet to fix the lower part of the place where the wall was removed. The laminate fix will be straight across from where it ends now.
If I remove planks in the dining room, I might have to un-click 20 rows to get back to where the entry repair begins. Is that a better option? The floor has been down to 10 years I suppose, but looks like new.

Sketch 3 Layout Lakeside laminate.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't check to see which wall the installer started at for the original install, so I might have to work the planks backwards.... groove into tongue if removing all those planks. Will that make a difference? I'm thinking now, that he started on the dining room wall and worked towards the kitchen. (top to bottom on diagram)

Latest posts

Back