Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You forgot C section scars. 😂

Last time I went was probably 25 years ago. I left feeling sad for the girls. Obviously had drug/alcohol problems. I wouldn't let them anywhere near me for fear of catching something.

It was supposed to be a bone from the boss man for working hard and getting shit done. I think we all left there depressed. 😂

You’re doing it wrong if you left depressed. Yea those girls have problems but god bless them for sharing them with me… for a $5.

Here's a quote I've been working on....yeah, I'm the job site comedian.

" When shit gets too hard, quit. Quitters never lose!".

Been saying it all day to the kids at work. 😂. They got a kick out of it.

My other saying's, when someone is trying to fit something together I'll tell them to "spit on it and slide it in". Lol. That's actually huge in the small town I live in. The kids went with it and now it's all over town. Lol

Sometimes I love living in a small town. Just went to the local pizza joint to pick up supper. The kid behind the counter said what's up tom, if it don't fit....spit! Lol

This shit is literally going around town like wildfire. I'm single handedly ruining a whole generation with my nonsense. 😂

Sometimes I love living in a small town. Just went to the local pizza joint to pick up supper. The kid behind the counter said what's up tom, if it don't fit....spit! Lol

This shit is literally going around town like wildfire. I'm single handedly ruining a whole generation with my nonsense. 😂

Next thing you know you’ll be on bus benches and billboards. I’d vote for ya but I ain’t puttin no damn sticker on my vehicle.

The moms at the PTA are going to call you in for questioning. 😁
.....oh wait. Is there still a PTA? 😱

These kids are mostly young adults. 18- 20 ish. Great bunch of kids but their small town country kids. Their not used to the crap that comes out of my mouth. They love it!!

I've always been the joker/ smart ass. Nothing worse than being on a job where you can't talk shit & bust balls all day. That's about the highlight of my day 😂. It really makes the day fun and fly by when you get a bunch of guys that can dish it out and be able to take it too.
The way I see it is that as long as the project is moving forward in a timely manner and shit is getting done, then let the escapades commence!!!

Had a kid about 20 years ago that was all about busting balls. He used to take a empty vct box and put it back together so it looked full. He would put it on his shoulder and walk by other trades and act like he was loosing it and drop it on various people's head. 😂. Boy do I wish we had smart phones back then. Would make for some good YouTube videos.

Today’s thought is when was the last time you gave your air compressor some love. How often do you drain the tank. What PSI do you have your regulator set at. When checking and setting the regulator PSI do you do some actual test fires of nails, or staples, to see just exactly how far they are countersinking into your material. I’ve found that 85 is just about right for what I do.

D54DD73A-E25D-43C2-8A33-7673AF13DCEB.jpeg

Today’s thought is when was the last time you gave your air compressor some love. How often do you drain the tank. What PSI do you have your regulator set at. When checking and setting the regulator PSI do you do some actual test fires of nails, or staples, to see just exactly how far they are countersinking into your material. I’ve found that 85 is just about right for what I do.

View attachment 15611
I have 3 of them. 4 if you count the little one for the air brush.

How old is your air compressor?
......not talking to you specifically CJ.
Google compressive explosions and rethink bragging about how old your tank is.
I figured they might eventually start leaking or losing air.
......no, they blow every window and door out of your shop and kill you if you're in it. Hydraulics and pneumatics cannot be compared.
Seriously guys. Google compressure failures, fails explosions etc. It's scary stuff.

Last edited:
145lbs works for all fasteners. Problem is you can't always find them. 😁
I'm still lovin' my lil #25 Makita.
I didn't drain the tank all that often on my old twin tank 2hp Emglo.
Ive retired it. It's a 1993 unit.
I'm going to cut it open and see how rusty it is inside. The drain water seemed slightly oily. Did that protect the tanks? I need to cut the tanks open and find out. It's bugging me.
I bought a used 5600 Makita 3hp that has a collapsible handle and wheels. Larger than I need by far for underlayment, but it was under $170...... so I had to. 😉
New ones were over $400.
My tiny MAC 100Q is so easy to tote around and it's whisper quiet.. I can't imagine saving $15 or $30 buying a pancake. I've never heard a quiet one.
If me and a customer were standing face to face, and each of us were holding a running Mac 100Q compressor, we could easily carry on a conversation. Yup, that quiet.

How old is your air compressor?
......not talking to you specifically CJ.
Google compressive explosions and rethink bragging about how old your tank is.
I figured they might eventually start leaking or losing air.
......no, they blow every window and door out of your shop and kill you if you're in it. Hydraulics and pneumatics cannot be compared.
Seriously guys. Google compressure failures, fails explosions etc. It's scary stuff.

I’ve seen a couple videos on what an exploding tank looks like. Never seen one take flight though.

There's another video out there where one takes flight. The video isn't very good but it flies 50 yards in the direction of the camera, lands in an empty swimming pool and at one point A guy walks over, reaches in, and turned it off. It was gas powered and still running 😁

During the 1956 presidential campaign, Democratic candidate Adlai Stevenson was considered a rather intellectual contender among politicians. At one of his events, a woman in the crowd called out to him "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!"
Stevenson called back to her, "That's not enough, madam; we need a majority!"

I do miss that aspect of living in a smaller town. In the bigger city life no one knows you and the interactions are about collecting your cell phone number and linking that to all your other personal credit details. You're just a number.

I do miss that aspect of living in a smaller town. In the bigger city life no one knows you and the interactions are about collecting your cell phone number and linking that to all your other personal credit details. You're
just a number.
Shit, in my town everybody knows everybody. If they don't then they'll have a friend in common.
The secret is to not put your business out there. Because the whole town will know you have the clap.... 😂

I literally know just about everyone's dirty laundry. I'm a transplant so nobody knows anything I haven't personally gave up. My skeletons are still well hidden.

Latest posts

Back