Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish no harm upon anyone but damn if those people don’t deserve what Mother Nature dishes out
I know what you mean C.P. ….but I would be more inclined to say ‘ need to accept the responsibility ‘ rather than deserve.

Maybe 🤔 it would be best to give coastal property owners two choices. Build the structure to withstand the storms OR ! Build it disposable out of natural materials.

Last edited:
I know what you mean C.P. ….but I would be more inclined to say ‘ need to accept the responsibility ‘

Maybe 🤔 it would be best to give coastal property owners two choices. Build the structure to withstand the storms OR ! Build it disposable out of natural materials.
And not eligible for government flood insurance.

Hey guys and gals, if you’re religious or spiritual, check out this poem from Helen Mallicot

Attachments

• D8C6D61D-F6EC-4E55-A99E-51066F7D96DA.jpeg
    D8C6D61D-F6EC-4E55-A99E-51066F7D96DA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I would suggest that the government flood insurance would only cover clean up, and utility set up, not any rebuild. If your taking the risk, you must also take on most of the burden.

Wouldn't that kind of insurance be redundant as FEMA or state/county/city/local governments will already have to absorb that sort of loss should the homeowner walk away from the debt/liability through bankruptcy? Obviously those
folks aren't going to continue paying the mortgage/rent/lease.

Get's kind of complicated when you add layers and layers of government laws, policies, agencies and institutions and then they all collide and criss-cross.

I enjoy these sort of rhetorical questions into the mechanics of such transactions because it's all a part of understanding the cost/benefit analysis that underlies any moral justifications for ENDLESS GOVERNMENT LARGESS (power). What I'm talking about is without seriously understanding the mechanics, costs and benefits you can't understand if such programs do more harm that good. It's my basic political/moral bent to assume that they do more harm than good.

Dam Incog. You are extremely smart and a great communicator.

Amuse me, how about Mortgages for the ‘Storm Proof ‘ homes, and Cash for the disposable homes. ?
I don't want to pay for some disposable homes for folks to live on the beach in Florida when the 99% of us have to struggle for survival in the real economy. I cant AFFORD to live near the beach. I'm working class. Neither can "We The People" afford to pay for the sort of structures that could withstand the routine hurricanes and flooding. That's strictly for the 1%.

No, no a thousand times NO to government subsidies for failed private adventures. Living on the beach is a dream for 99.9% of us. When the rains/floods/winds hit it's a nightmare for that .1% that made that choice. They gamble and I pay when they lose? Well, I wont vote for that.

No, no a thousand times NO to government subsidies for failed private adventures.
That’s what I was trying to convey but failed 😞….. Storm proof homes would probably meet mortgage and insurance co. requirements, so when their property sustains damage, uncle Sam’s help would be limited.On the opposite side of the spectrum, temporary or movable homes like trailers, Yurks, teepees, Tiny homes, all get paid for in cash and would have no value for replacement by the government. If you fail to pack it up and move out of harms way, then it’s time to order a new one, or sell your land. Now The ground / property would still have value, so one would assume it could be mortgaged and insured at a reasonable amount ? …..The middle of the road homes get eliminated from building codes in hurricane prone areas. So my recommendation is to buy stock in Tiny Home company’s 😜

One must remember the storm went well beyond the beaches where that one percent live. I bet they were a tiny fraction of what was destroyed.

That’s what I was trying to convey but failed 😞….. Storm proof homes would probably meet mortgage and insurance co. requirements, so when their property sustains damage, uncle Sam’s help would be limited.On the opposite side of the spectrum, temporary or movable homes like trailers, Yurks, teepees, Tiny homes, all get paid for in cash and would have no value for replacement by the government. If you fail to pack it up and move out of harms way, then it’s time to order a new one, or sell your land. Now The ground / property would still have value, so one would assume it could be mortgaged and insured at a reasonable amount ? …..The middle of the road homes get eliminated from building codes in hurricane prone areas. So my recommendation is to buy stock in Tiny Home company’s 😜
Tiny floatable homes. After the storm, go round em up an put em back.

Saw a kid flying a kite at the park this morning. Here’s your thought of the day, when’s the last time you saw someone flying a kite. When’s the last time you flew a kite.

Saw a kid flying a kite at the park this morning. Here’s your thought of the day, when’s the last time you saw someone flying a kite. When’s the last time you flew a kite.
No less than 20 years ago that I flew a kite with my boys. We'll see kids at the park or by the beach with kites now and again so I'd say a year or two since I saw a kite up there.

No C.J. purple hair wasn't invented last time I visited a "Gentleman's Club". I can recall just a few things about those clubs to be honest. A lot of stretch marks, tattoos and rotton teeth. An NO gentlemen whatsoever! I'm afraid of what I'd see today. My generation girls didn't get tatoos or piercings besides the ear. I cant look at them with any wierd hairdoos, tats or nose rings. I'm guessing that leaves ZERO girls for my taste on stage.

You forgot C section scars. 😂

Last time I went was probably 25 years ago. I left feeling sad for the girls. Obviously had drug/alcohol problems. I wouldn't let them anywhere near me for fear of catching something.

It was supposed to be a bone from the boss man for working hard and getting shit done. I think we all left there depressed. 😂

Who isn't an ass sometimes? Well, besides my wife. Everyone is an ass, except her. At least that is what she tells me!

I actually kind of fancy myself as a perfect asshole. I say what is on my mind. Do what makes me happy & really like to make smart ass remarks.....

You only live once, right?

Latest posts

Back