Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their all wood man. Guarantee it!

Even the post says they manufacturer hardwood flooring. I zoomed in and I can't find a vinyl one to save my life.

6 miles from your house? Take a ride over and check them out. Even if you don't want them. You're retired now. You need to get in the habit of doing pointless bullshit. Go over to look and whoever is working out there start talking pointless shit (like the weather). Because everyone trying to make a buck loves when a retiree wastes their time with nonsense... 😂 😂 😂

6 miles from your house? Take a ride over and check them out. Even if you don't want them. You're retired now. You need to get in the habit of doing pointless bullshit. Go over to look and whoever is working out there start talking pointless shit (like the weather). Because everyone trying to make a buck loves when a retiree wastes their time with nonsense... 😂 😂 😂
Hey, I resemble those remarks about retired folk!

I don't know about driving over there. I'm afraid I'll come home with 1 or two of those pallets

george orwell.jpg

figure out a project that benefits wifey or the kids 😜
My project this past few weeks has been cleaning and clearing out the garage. There's just no place, even temporarily for those giant pallets. Remember, it's not like I have a fork lift to move the pallet around.

Anyone else hear that Armstrong is going under?
Just found that out today while trying to get some trim pieces/ reducers. Kind of threw me off. They been around a long time.

Just found that out today while trying to get some trim pieces/ reducers. Kind of threw me off. They been around a long time.
Do they still have the school? I got vinyl certified by them. That cert and $10 will buy you a cup of coffee.

I didn't even know that Armstrong World Industries (AWI) spun off the flooring division. (AFI)

I just read all the details about the various sales of the plants to different entities. I'm interested to see if those commercial flooring products continue being manufactured and distributed.

Does that mean that certificate is worthless cus I sure don’t pay $10 for a cup of coffee.

CFR posted awhile back about them trying to screw retired employees outta their benefits. That sounds like the first step in a company going down to me.
When CFI first started, you could watch a short video, give them $25 and be certified.

Does that mean that certificate is worthless cus I sure don’t pay $10 for a cup of coffee.

CFR posted awhile back about them trying to screw retired employees outta their benefits. That sounds like the first step in a company going down to me.
"Legacy Costs"

Another way of describing the empty promise America made to it's workers. I don't know the particulars of this case but in general the unions accepted/allowed the companies to control the pension funds and therefore whatever liabilities like health care for retirees.

When those industries have to compete with China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Mexico or whatever the FUTURE profits that were supposed to cover those costs evaporated. It's bad enough you have to compete with Third World wages, safety and environmental regulations. Doing that with "Legacy Costs" to boot isn't feasible.

Believe you me this was known 50-75 years ago--------at the very least when we opened up trade deals with the communists. (Clinton)

And people wonder why there is no loyalty anymore. Can’t imagine working somewhere for how many years only to have the rug pulled out from underneath you after you finally get around to collecting what you were promised and owed.

I saw something a couple months ago that the city of Mesa is doing and I kinda chuckled. They’re hurting for workers just like everybody else so what they are doing is offering lifetime benefits to new hires that stick around for whatever the required amount of time is. I thought to myself ‘That’s nice until they reverse their stance and take them away later on after you’re already retired’.

Years ago My FIL drove for Chief freight lines for over 20 years. Went to work one morning, gate was closed and they were done. Even lost his pension. Teamsters did nothing for them either.

Gotta take them certifications with a grain of salt cus I got a Wedi certification while eating pizza and I don’t even do showers.

Doing showers with those wedi kits is a breeze. I'm not a fan of the pans because their foam and make the clippity clop sound when walking on the tile.....
But if that's what the shop sold them it's going in.

Soooo much easier than the old way. I haven't done a cement board/ dry pack shower in over 10 years.

I only found out about Armstrong because I needed some trim pieces for some engineered I had in the warehouse a few years & someone bought it.

Originally Posted by Jesse Jackson
“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Latest posts

Back