Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad idea. I seldom used knee pads and I now have bad knees.

I’ve already got some hearing loss at higher frequencies. Gotta try and keep what I’ve got left. I think back on all the times I was hammering on my driving bar in a basement pounding strip under toe kicks. Before that I worked in a large fab shop and before that was car stereos cranked up. Today I was using a router and a shop vac in a smaller somewhat enclosed area. That will make your ears ring if you aren’t smart about it.

The thought of the day is hearing protection.

I’ve got some ear muffs in the van I used for a few years. Easy on and easy off for those quick times of need. Once in a blue moon they were in the way or got bumped off but other than that they served their purpose. For the past couple years if I need hearing protection I grab a set of ear plugs. They take a minute or two to insert and expand but they work and they’re never in the way or get bumped off.

What do you think?

View attachment 15716
When I worked as a Safety Officer I'd have to insist anyone in the vicinity of the loud noise use the ear plugs which we always had available. Never had anyone argue or even complain. It's just common sense. I'm very uncomfortable with the ear plugs so I always preferred using the muffs. But plenty of times I'd HAVE to have both. It made a big difference when I got home I could hear my wife.

Yeah, I know.

The thought of the day is hearing protection.

I’ve got some ear muffs in the van I used for a few years. Easy on and easy off for those quick times of need. Once in a blue moon they were in the way or got bumped off but other than that they served their purpose. For the past couple years if I need hearing protection I grab a set of ear plugs. They take a minute or two to insert and expand but they work and they’re never in the way or get bumped off.

What do you think?

View attachment 15716
One thing I regret is not using hearing protection over the years. Between power tools and bad ass screaming rock and roll.... I can't hear shit anymore!
I had to mount a small sound bar on the head board of the bed so I can hear the TV when I'm laying down.

At least I have an excuse now when I'm ignoring the wife... 😂

One thing I regret is not using hearing protection over the years. Between power tools and bad ass screaming rock and roll.... I can't hear shit anymore!
I had to mount a small sound bar on the head board of the bed so I can hear the TV when I'm laying down.

At least I have an excuse now when I'm ignoring the wife... 😂
I'm with you there brother. Hearing aids in both ears. Can't hear squat without them. Went through the sound bars, 2 Bose systems, and THEN found wireless head phones. Now I can hear the tv even without the hearing aids. Sony makes the best I love them..

Getting paid $15-$20 is the new $7.50 - $9.25.
Math is a MF.

Thank Goodness the general public------working poor-----are not educated enough to understand something like INFLATION. Where I sit inflation is the rich folk (very, very rich) eating my lunch. And there's very little I can do about that.

I'm leaning into silver..........actual silver bullion, silver coins and some investments that track silver or silver mining companies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_standard
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AGQ/?p=AGQ
Good luck!

Attachments

• Historical Silver Price in $USD.PNG
    Historical Silver Price in $USD.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
  • US debt historical chart.PNG
    US debt historical chart.PNG
    259.2 KB · Views: 0
Math is a MF.

Thank Goodness the general public------working poor-----are not educated enough to understand something like INFLATION. Where I sit inflation is the rich folk (very, very rich) eating my lunch. And there's very little I can do about that.

I'm leaning into silver..........actual silver bullion, silver coins and some investments that track silver or silver mining companies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_standard
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AGQ/?p=AGQ
Good luck!

I've been buying silver for about 7-8 years now. Nothing huge but a few ounces here and there. Over the years it's really adding up.

I'm actually in kind of a pickle. I have my life savings sitting in a bank account earning .003% interest. I'm too nervous to put it into stocks because their so volatile. Nothing really sounds too comforting as far as investing goes. I was thinking about dropping the wad on a bunch of silver. But where the hell do you keep it all? I'll have to build a mini Ft Knox at my house. 😆

A good friend I really trust put me on to silver. He says just buy it and put it away to sit on it.

I've been buying silver for about 7-8 years now. Nothing huge but a few ounces here and there. Over the years it's really adding up.

I'm actually in kind of a pickle. I have my life savings sitting in a bank account earning .003% interest. I'm too nervous to put it into stocks because their so volatile. Nothing really sounds too comforting as far as investing goes. I was thinking about dropping the wad on a bunch of silver. But where the hell do you keep it all? I'll have to build a mini Ft Knox at my house. 😆

A good friend I really trust put me on to silver. He says just buy it and put it away to sit on it.
I like your friend. I don't know enough about your circumstances to help with your storage concerns. You will certainly need to be creative and tell at least a couple trusted family members how to access it should anything happen-------just like all the rest of your money, property and investments.

Of course I wish I was balls to the wall invested since the 80s when I had every opportunity but felt like you that I worked too hard to RISK losing anything, let alone everything in some sleazy, Wall Street, hair-brained, Ponzi scheme. But that's actually how I still feel today about the market so I have no intentions of buying in now. But when my sons, apprentices, any younger guys ask I tell them straight up no less then 50% of their savings ought to be in stocks. If you're headed that way use Vanguard. They are the least sleazy and the least expensive in a very sleazy and expensive industry. I hate then when you go to interview financial advisors the offices are over the top prime real estate and they're all dressed and decorated as if money is no object.

You could send it to me, I would invest it for you in a new car for me. :ghostly:

There was a story I read about the kid from the Andy Griffin show, I can't think of his name , but he invested in gold. He kept it in his car at the time, a VW bug. It went with him wherever he went. Not very secure to me.
That is Ron Howard, Is now a producer, worth millions. Went on to be in "Happy Days" and several other TV shows.

MY STRESS RELIEF METHOD!
Picture yourself near a stream.
Birds are softly chirping in the crisp, cool, mountain air.
No one knows your secret place.
You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called "the world".
The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
The water is clear.
You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding under the water.
There now.....feeling better???

Hey Rusty, I was hanging out with friends tonight, 🍺, and one friend was venting about her manager at work, so I asked her if she wanted to hear about a really good method to relieve stress ? …..she slapped me ! Just kidding 😜 Anywho,
I pulled up your post and started reading but couldn’t stop laughing because I knew the punch line. My sister-in-law
( an alpha female) stopped me after the first sentence, So I handed my phone to her friend. She read it out loud and everyone had a great laugh . 😂

Hey Rusty, I was hanging out with friends tonight, 🍺, and one friend was venting about her manager at work, so I asked her if she wanted to hear about a really good method to relieve stress ? …..she slapped me ! Just kidding 😜 Anywho,
I pulled up your post and started reading but couldn’t stop laughing because I knew the punch line. My sister-in-law
( an alpha female) stopped me after the first sentence, So I handed my phone to her friend. She read it out loud and everyone had a great laugh . 😂
I got it from Facebook.

Rusty knows his humor. I don't know where he finds them and I don't care but damn he's good at it. 😁
Two nuns walked into a bar........
..... I'm just making up a joke I can't figure out the punch line 😉

I do because I don't want to be around in 50 years. I'd have an electric car, and be told I can only fuel up once every two weeks because the wind isn't cooperating. 😉

Latest posts

Back