Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever come close to punching a customer? I was cutting carpet around floor outlets in a new church. Preacher was watching me. I asked if the outlets were hot, he said no. Decided to cut them out with a wood handled knife. Melted the blade off on the first outlet. If not for my helper, I would have punched the preacher.
That sounds like a song lyric.
"I Punched the Preacher, but I Didn't Punch The Choir Boy"

arm candy.jpg

One tip for sanding contacts in switches I learned at the mill. Many times the contacts are worn and the copper is showing after light sanding. Use the face of a dime to lightly rub on the contact. Make sure you keep the dime flat with the contact. You will see the copper get covered with silver after a while. Fixed many three-phase electrical starters doing this.
I'm reminiscing, reading some old comments.
Hey dan, would it just be better if I got out one of my silver bars and rubbed that on the contact?
......or will rubbing with one of my smaller gold ingots make the contacts last longer?
Hey Dan, are you still checking in with us? 😁

I'm reminiscing, reading some old comments.
Hey dan, would it just be better if I got out one of my silver bars and rubbed that on the contact?
......or will rubbing with one of my smaller gold ingots make the contacts last longer?
Hey Dan, are you still checking in with us? 😁
Better yet, send me some of your silver bars and I'll fix the contacts for you!

About 5 years ago I used an edger sander to sand the dried out carpet adhesive off a covered walkway leading to the front porch. I had 30 ft of vacuum hose running across the yard and under my van.
Nope, no vacuum. 😁 There was just this haze puffing out from under my van, look like it was on fire. 😁
Sometimes rain is the best fix for unusual circumstances. 😉

I just filled my van for $102. Should I be happy or should I be sad?
Last fill-up on the truck was at Costco Glendora, CA @3.89 a gallon. I can use my AAA credit card and get 5% off of that. BEST part of that is that being retired a tank of gas last me forever and a day as opposed to 2-3 full tanks per week at $4/5+ per gallon.

I'm going back to work sometime this year but there's close to a zero per cent chance I will accept any job that involves driving where I'm not well compensated for travel. On the list of regrets in my life getting burned for travel expenses is right up there at the top.

Latest posts

Back