Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let’s try a Metaphorical thought.

The train cars are the American people trying to move freely about, but are at the mercy of the two political tracks who keep pointing fingers at each other while we’re being derailed.

Pointing at another only clouds the ability to see what needs to be done internally and then mistakes continue to pile up and chip away at quality control.

Sorry 😢 in order to continue this self examination, I’m going egotistical. 20 years ago this past Feb. I was told by my account ( The Retail contractor) that I can’t bill for extra’s 🥵 and I pointed the finger,😜 not the middle one towards myself and respectfully answered. The fact that I made 20 years with this account, with numerous extras is miraculous, but secondary to the point I want to convey. It’s not the outcome that matters or even the extra INCOME 😜 it’s the inward progress we make when we decide to take responsibility for ourselves and to not point and blame at the other group or person, that’s too easy.

How can we strengthen the tracks we leave behind, and at the same time not Railroad anyone alone the way ?
I propose that it’s all about ‘ Radical Acceptance ‘ over Radical Judgment. The point is to not point 😎 to accept yourself so much that you now have the capacity to accept Others, to allow freedom of speech and expression…… Acceptance overpowers agreement, In other words they are different concepts.

Back to the carpet story to hopefully drive this point not to point 😜 home. After the account received my first bill in Feb. of 2003 for $45.00 over the contacted amount, he called to confront it. “ under no circumstances can we bill more for apartment work and I need you to understand that “ At the time, I had no idea 🤷🏻‍♂️ of Radical Acceptance, but what I did have from parental guidance was respect ! So I said, “ I understand “ and I radically accepted his right to request that of me. Then, with out any attitude or smirk 😏 I was able to express why I billed extra and surprisingly his customer understood and approved the fee.

Do we want to overcome Radicalness in the flooring business and in life ?
I propose the answer is in the question.
Become a Radical Acceptor ! Who only points inward, BECAUSE ! if there is no offense taken, there is no offense given, and without that NOISE , we as a society can focus back on quality control , keeping the train Cars on the track , safely chugging away. Hay hay hay 😎

Something like that 👍

The train cars are the American people trying to move freely about, but are at the mercy of the two political tracks who keep pointing fingers at each other while we’re being derailed.

Pointing at another only clouds the ability to see what needs to be done internally and then mistakes continue to pile up and chip away at quality control.

Sorry 😢 in order to continue this self examination, I’m going egotistical. 20 years ago this past Feb. I was told by my account ( The Retail contractor) that I can’t bill for extra’s 🥵 and I pointed the finger,😜 not the middle one towards myself and respectfully answered. The fact that I made 20 years with this account, with numerous extras is miraculous, but secondary to the point I want to convey. It’s not the outcome that matters or even the extra INCOME 😜 it’s the inward progress we make when we decide to take responsibility for ourselves and to not point and blame at the other group or person, that’s too easy.

How can we strengthen the tracks we leave behind, and at the same time not Railroad anyone alone the way ?
I propose that it’s all about ‘ Radical Acceptance ‘ over Radical Judgment. The point is to not point 😎 to accept yourself so much that you now have the capacity to accept Others, to allow freedom of speech and expression…… Acceptance overpowers agreement, In other words they are different concepts.

Back to the carpet story to hopefully drive this point not to point 😜 home. After the account received my first bill in Feb. of 2003 for $45.00 over the contacted amount, he called to confront it. “ under no circumstances can we bill more for apartment work and I need you to understand that “ At the time, I had no idea 🤷🏻‍♂️ of Radical Acceptance, but what I did have from parental guidance was respect ! So I said, “ I understand “ and I radically accepted his right to request that of me. Then, with out any attitude or smirk 😏 I was able to express why I billed extra and surprisingly his customer understood and approved the fee.

Become a Radical Acceptor ! Who only points inward, BECAUSE ! if there is no offense taken, there is no offense given, and without that NOISE , we as a society can focus back on quality control , keeping the train Cars on the track , safely chugging away. Hay hay hay 😎

Something like that 👍
It's always in the way you approach the issue. If you go in yelling and screaming, it's not gonna end well.
Lest say you get your extra labor charged.
Now, your aggressiveness and demeanor ends all work from this establishment.
Do you cut your throat on all of your retailers because of this this same demanding attitude?
Nope. You figure out a halfway point so nobody gets hurt. No winners, but you'll better understand each other's position afterwards.

Something like that 👍

Ok good plan…but now you gotta tell us…. What was the extra $45 for?

A cool head and logic is always the best approach. Never seems to work with politicians.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

An, some stairs take a lot longer than $60 to clean up, especially when you have to pull and redo the strip. That's all too common.

No quote for you ! Ok I accept it and will not judge or point 😜 …. 2 beers in and one shot for temporary pain relief, physical and mentally 😜

Anywho, here’s my partner, God love him, he doesn’t mind cleaning up the steps, took him 2 hrs. And he gets paid appx. 45.00 per. …. I lost 30 on that one.

Attachments

• A2C9204C-F1BF-42A9-BD91-6D90BFEC5B7C.jpeg
    A2C9204C-F1BF-42A9-BD91-6D90BFEC5B7C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 7E797A1C-4E9A-4C80-8819-CAF5FBC53E3A.jpeg
    7E797A1C-4E9A-4C80-8819-CAF5FBC53E3A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I wish, I was busting to get seams cut / sealed and made so he could stretch and install. After he did the stair cleanup he decided to move S L O W 😡 but I still appreciate him, I think 🤔
I'm moving slow too, and I'm just watching a still image of him doing stair cleanup. 😁
He's more deserving of moving slow because.....
...stairs 😉
I like that you actually "clean" the stairs instead of pounding down the staples and leaving pad chunks. It always feels good starting with a clean state. 👍

I'm back on my weird stair job today. Had some measures to do for the store, but none the rest of the week, so maybe we'll accomplish something. This would be soo much easier if it wasn't a lived in home. I can't start a stair unless I can finish it and put it back. It has to be bolted back in place. Unbolting one stair leaves two stairs loose, because one step holds up another. I only put in half days anymore, so two steps isn't gonna happen.
Tomorrow, we'll have the pie stairs finished, then 4 more straight stairs.
.........and then the fun begins, reinstalling the railing sections.
It's gonna be a learning experience more than big bucks.
My brother is assisting. Its not necessarily a two person job, but it's amazing how an extra set of hands makes the work easier.

Last edited:
You can get ProKnees on Amazon now.
How much are they there? Any difference than buying right from pro knees?

I’m about ready for a new pair. I feel like I’m constantly tightening the screws in my current pair that are 10+ years old. Either that or rip mine apart and fill the screw holes with epoxy then redrill & screw to tighten them up?

Anyone ever done that?

How much are they there? Any difference than buying right from pro knees?

I’m about ready for a new pair. I feel like I’m constantly tightening the screws in my current pair that are 10+ years old. Either that or rip mine apart and fill the screw holes with epoxy then redrill & screw to tighten them up?

Anyone ever done that?

I saw them as low as $267 or as high as $329 depending on what size you get. $299 seemed to be the average price. I believe that it was proknees that was selling their own proknees on Amazon.

I just put some wider screws in those spots. A little Gorilla glue helps. I've been thinking about new ones as well. I could use the old pair exclusively for like demo and prep and the new ones for on new floors.

Have any of you guys ever tried Knee Pros. I bought some 15 years ago or more and I've never used any other knee pad. Super comfortable, 40 bucks or maybe less. When I'm heading out to my truck I forget I have them on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316-211317.png
    Screenshot_20230316-211317.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back