Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week was a busy week as far as the homeless behind our shop are concerned. We had someone hop the fence and decided they wanted to live in one of our trailers. Cops came and it was a couple hour ordeal to get dude out of the trailer.

They fired a couple less than lethal rounds. One of them hit the trailer instead of dude and damn if it doesn’t look like it would drop you in a split second. They also fired a ton of pepper balls at dude while he was still in the trailer.

View attachment 16767View attachment 16766View attachment 16768

Needless to say the attitude towards the people that frequent the alley behind us has changed. Illy Mac was walkin down the alley again when the boss was shooing people down the road. Guess this is what he saw. Lol.

View attachment 16769
I've watched tons of police videos and see some dudes getting hit numerous times with those less than lethal and it hardly fazes them. Holy crap those things would leave a bruise if they can do that to a trailer.

I've watched tons of police videos and see some dudes getting hit numerous times with those less than lethal and it hardly fazes them. Holy crap those things would leave a bruise if they can do that to a trailer.

I guess they also have a 40 mm foam ball that they use as a LTL round. Dude got popped with one of them and he started squealing right away.

I will say one thing, dude is still alive today because he didn’t get shot and killed by the police. Is that a win or a fail for society? You’ll have to be the judge of that.

I guess they also have a 40 mm foam ball that they use as a LTL round. Dude got popped with one of them and he started squealing right away.

I will say one thing, dude is still alive today because he didn’t get shot and killed by the police. Is that a win or a fail for society? You’ll have to be the judge of that.
Not always an easy call is it.

Hope This Makes You Smile
Will Rogers, who died in a 1935 plane crash in Alaska with bush pilot Wiley Post, was one of the
greatest political country/cowboy sages this country has ever known. Some of his sayings:
1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10. If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring.
He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
ABOUT GROWING OLDER...
First ~ Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
Sixth ~ I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it's such a nice change from being young.
Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable and relaxed.
Tenth ~ Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft.
Today it's called golf.
And, finally ~ If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
🤣
🤣
😂

Tipping. How much and who do you tip it to.

I try to be a solid 20% tipper but I will admit there are times when I don’t tip. I went to a taco truck the other day and paid with my card. Dude didn’t have an option to tip on the card but he did jiggle the cash bucket. I woulda tipped on the card but I didn’t put any cash in the bucket. What’s your story.

Last edited:

I try to be a solid 20% tipper but I will admit there are times when I don’t tip. I went to a taco truck the other day and paid with my card. Dude didn’t have an option to tip on the card but he did jiggle the cash bucket. I woulda tipped on the card but I didn’t put any cash in the bucket. What’s your story.
20% for table service. Counter service like a deli or Ice cream parlor usually just a few bucks.

We keep a tip cup on the counter and although we don't have a space for it on the POS system customers can tip on the card if they ask to. We felt it would be a little tacky to actually ask for a tip on the bill as we only offer counter service.... Nobody's getting rich working here but the high school kids do pretty well on tips.

If my brother and I are at sit down place having a burger and fries, I just tossed in five bucks. I'm not going to get out my calculator and find out it should be $6.31.

Tipping has gotten out of control. Everyone wants one but only a few deserve it.
I tip at a sit down restaurant where someone takes my order and runs around filling drinks and what not. Also tip for drivers bringing food to my house. That’s it!

I get irritated when I’m asked at almost every establishment to tip. Shit, they should be tipping me to come pick up my food.

Waiters/waitress get 15-20% rounded up or down to a buck. Kinda depends on what's in my wallet. But I will chintz out if I didn't not get good service. Worst case I would round down towards 10%.
I'll tend to round a tip toward 5/10/15 bucks with something like an Uber, someone at a hotel or airport if I know they depend on tips.
Tradesman at the house it's really a matter of if I like them personally and if I appreciate their workmanship. Pretty much never tip the owner-----direct contractor who I hired. I tip his workers with cases of beer and $20/$50 maybe even $100 if they did something special. I think when you see a guy busting his ass, sweating like a pig and doing something special FIRST thing I ask is what kind of beer he drinks. Then I try to make sure I'm there to throw him some hard cash on top of that when the job is complete.

Waiters/waitress get 15-20% rounded up or down to a buck. Kinda depends on what's in my wallet. But I will chintz out if I didn't not get good service. Worst case I would round down towards 10%.
I'll tend to round a tip toward 5/10/15 bucks with something like an Uber, someone at a hotel or airport if I know they depend on tips.
Tradesman at the house it's really a matter of if I like them personally and if I appreciate their workmanship. Pretty much never tip the owner-----direct contractor who I hired. I tip his workers with cases of beer and $20/$50 maybe even $100 if they did something special. I think when you see a guy busting his ass, sweating like a pig and doing something special FIRST thing I ask is what kind of beer he drinks. Then I try to make sure I'm there to throw him some hard cash on top of that when the job is complete.
Very cool. 👍 I can't think of a better way to make a worker continue doing top notch work. He'll remember you forever for that generous jesture.

Sippin your coffee in the morning knowing you don’t have to go to work is what retirement must feel like. Having nothing to do the rest of the day knowing you don’t have to go to work is what unemployment must feel like.

Sippin your coffee in the morning knowing you don’t have to go to work is what retirement must feel like. Having nothing to do the rest of the day knowing you don’t have to go to work is what unemployment must feel like.
Starts even earlier than that. Going to sleep whenever the hell you want WITH NO CONCEPT OF AN ALARM CLOCK is really where you feel like you hit the lottery. The alarm clock and the urgency of getting up, getting ready, making sure you have what you need each AM and then the horrible, miserable, no-good commute to the pretty horrible, miserable, no-god job.........

That alarm clock represents ALL the above stress and suffering in one little plastic appliance........the enemy of peace, joy and happiness. Here's some happy news. Until you posted the above I absoutely haven't even thought about that stupid little piece of crap for WEEKS. Just thinking about the MF'er spiralled me up into rant mode even whilst I'm sipping the morning brew and enjoying a special treat of donuts. My wife gets gift cards from the parents of her speech therapy students all the time. So since she doesn't drink coffee or eat any of their grossly overpriced food items those are a little treat for me. Once I'm up and out of the house anyway to fetch my 20 oz. Blonde Roast I swing over to my old donut place...............ahhh..........OK..............back down to earth now.

Plenty to do. Mostly it's stuff I'm not all that excited about. So the pleasure comes when you can get to that when you get to that and keep yourself busy with the things you feel like doing. Trick is to get all your tools, materials, instructions, laptop, moniter, equipment, even a little bit of scrap and debris that normally gets cleaned quickly......leave it out.......here and there........ALL KINDS OF PROJECTS lurking and lingering so you cant just forget about them and it always looks like your busy so the wife cant pressure you to do the crappy little jobs on the top of HER priority list. That's always the battle. If I'm not doing SOMETHING I'd have to be working on her list------and she always has a list.

Last edited:
I never filed for unemployment in my whole career so I don't really understand how that might feel. But we did have "slow periods"..........somewhat seasonal........and not all 40+ years were "good" years meaning I didn't always get a full years credit toward the pension. I just learned to use that time to work around the house and...........WORST CASE SCENARIO......the truck/van. The "gearhead" work never turned out cost efficient for me starting with near zero skills and near zero tools------aside from freshman high school Auto Mechanics 101. I changed out the Y-joint on the exhaust on my 1968 Olds Cutlass. That was fun but not really helpful as I learned nothing else that year. Certainly no one's fault but my own...............and marijuana. I blame drugs!

So here's the mess I'm about to show the wife any minute now. I really should sweep up, get those tools back where they go and organize the garage for tomorrow. But I need her to see that I am VERY, VERY busy................so dont even ask.

Attachments

• mess1.jpg
    mess1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0
  • mess4.jpg
    mess4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
  • mess3.jpg
    mess3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mess2.jpg
    mess2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 0
You can go to work....
...but you don't have to. I resemble that slightly but the pay really, really sucks.

Latest posts

Back