Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liberals are just a human version of an HOA.
first townhouse had HOA and it made life more complicated than necessary, but had some advantages 🤷🏻‍♂️ Second home was a single in a normal development but the township had an architectural and horticultural committee, 🤪 that we ignored 50% of the time, with no issues. Third Townhouse (rental) wow ! They actually had staff rummage through your trash to find your name and address to send you a fine, if you took the trash out early 😡 Now ! I live with brother, sister-in-law and 3 crazy dogs, HELP !

Lesson learned or not 😝 Life / God / Universe gave Conservatives, Liberalism so they could practice the Faith. L. G. U. Is The ultimate HOA 😜

Around here There’s all different levels of HOAs. I’ve done work in over priced communities (mix of private homes and condos) where the association takes care of all outside maintenance. Landscaping, painting, roof, the works…You’re not allowed to do any outside work. All houses look the same. Costs a fortune in monthly fees. Rich people seem to love it, they don’t have to worry about anything when they’re gone for long periods of time…. I’d hate it…To each they’re own.

I live in an incorporated village. They pick up the garbage from the side of the house. Only special pick ups go out to the curb.They make sure you don’t put that out too early… That’s about It..

Last edited:
storms.jpg

A Short Text on Keanu Reeves’ Life
💭

Keanu was born in Lebanon. His parents split when he was three and he grew up with three different stepfathers.
As a kid he was diagnosed with dyslexia and dreamed of becoming a hockey player. He played goalie for a junior league team in Canada but quit after breaking his leg to focus on acting.
He lost his best friend, River Phoenix, in 1993 due to an overdose.
He got married in 1998, experienced a miscarriage with his daughter in 1999, and ultimately lost his wife as well due to a car accident in 2001.
In 2002, Keanu put the Matrix sequels on hold to care for his sick sister. He sold his house to move nearer to his sister, while also helping by cooking meals, cleaning her house, and preparing medication. He also donated 70% of the money he made from The Matrix to leukemia research.
In 2006, when he was filming the movie "The Lake House," he overheard the conversation of two costume assistants, one crying as he would lose his house if he did not pay $20,000 - on the same day, Keanu deposited the necessary amount in his bank account.
In 2010, on his birthday, Keanu walked into a bakery & bought a brioche with a single candle, ate it in front of the bakery, and offered coffee to people who stopped to talk to him.⁣⁣
To this day, Keanu is often seen wandering around New York City, riding the subway, and interacting with people.
A certified legend.

Would this be a problem where you live? Apparently it’s not here, yet, but I’ve lived places where you would get hit with a hefty back charge for this kind of clownery. This is also why some builders won’t allow you to set your saws up inside the house. Somebody has to clean that mess up. That’s MDF dust and you know it’s getting in the track and will eventually cause the bearings to seize. Now you’re on the hook for a new slider as well as all the associated labor? Spending the extra 5 minutes it takes to put on a chop saw hood is nothing compared to the potential liability for not using one.

Is this just ignorance or a bad attitude? Both? I know it’s all about money, it always is, so now the question is… When was the last time you raised your rates? Or do you scale back the level of service you offer your customers to be in line with the rates you’re currently getting. Thoughts…

IMG_3398.jpeg
IMG_3397.jpeg

Would this be a problem where you live?
Sadly no !

Now you’re on the hook for a new slider as well as all the associated labor?
Probably not, down the road no one will know how it happened.

s this just ignorance or a bad attitude? Both? I know it’s all about money, it always is, so now the question is… When was the last time you raised your rates? Or do you scale back the level of service you offer your customers to be in line with the rates you’re currently getting. Thoughts…

Spending ‘ thought time ‘ on the competition is lost ‘ thought time ‘ on personal work responsibilities.

Money, costs, and billing rates varies from person to person. So again ! Try to install some blinders on, focus on your finish line, and Run 🏃‍♂️…. It’s ok to elbow the competition when you feel them breathing hard next to you, but make sure the full focus is on your stride and breathing.

I only payed attention to the inflation rate, not my competitions rates. Let the account / customer figure that out. So I took the inflation rate, added that across the board, stared at it, contemplated and then split the difference to make it more palatable. Not a peep from my account, just a higher check payment.

As for scaling back the service? I look at it this way. The scaling back conversation imho need never be discussed unless they bring it up, and even if they do I would be reluctant to comply, because they are 🫘 counters and don’t always have proper respect for product and service. I prefer to reserve that right for myself, as the job see’s fit.

C. J. From my desk, raise them, do not apologize and let them know the only scaling you do is UP ⬆️

Would this be a problem where you live? Apparently it’s not here, yet, but I’ve lived places where you would get hit with a hefty back charge for this kind of clownery. This is also why some builders won’t allow you to set your saws up inside the house. Somebody has to clean that mess up. That’s MDF dust and you know it’s getting in the track and will eventually cause the bearings to seize. Now you’re on the hook for a new slider as well as all the associated labor? Spending the extra 5 minutes it takes to put on a chop saw hood is nothing compared to the potential liability for not using one.

Is this just ignorance or a bad attitude? Both? I know it’s all about money, it always is, so now the question is… When was the last time you raised your rates? Or do you scale back the level of service you offer your customers to be in line with the rates you’re currently getting. Thoughts…

View attachment 17119View attachment 17120
Well that’s excessive. I wouldn’t think that would be acceptable anywhere. Almost looks like it was set up to blow right into the track? If no vacuum and/or hood they could have at least put a bag on the exhaust and maybe point it the other way. I don’t care how little you’re getting paid that’s just rude. They should be back charged.

John Kennedy graduated magna cum laude in political science, philosophy, and economics from Vanderbilt University, was president of his senior class, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.

He received his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was an executive editor of the “Virginia Law Review” and elected to the Order of the Coif.

He earned a Bachelor of Civil Law degree with first class honors from Oxford University (Magdalen College) in England, where he studied under Sir Rupert Cross and Sir John H. C. Morris.

FIRST OF ALL, I’M JOHN KENNEDY, NOT THAT JOHN KENNEDY, I AM THE OTHER JOHN KENNEDY, (R) SENATOR REPRESENTING THE GREAT STATE OF LOUISIANA. PERMIT ME TO TELL YOU WHAT I BELIEVE.

* 1. I BELIEVE AMERICA WAS FOUNDED BY GENIUSES BUT IS NOW RUN BY IDIOTS.

*2. I BELIEVE YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID, BUT YOU CAN VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

*3. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD OF ANYONE TRYING TO SNEAK INTO CHINA?

*4. AMERICA IS SO GREAT THAT PEOPLE WHO HATE IT, REFUSE TO LEAVE.

*5. LET ME SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION, THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION SUCKS.

*6. I BELIEVE EXERCISE MAKES YOU LOOK BETTER NAKED. BUT SO DOES ALCOHOL.

*7. WELFARE SHOULD BE A BRIDGE, NOT A PARKING LOT.

*8. WEAKNESS INVITES THE WOLVES.

*9. WE MUST ARM FOR PEACE.

*10. WE DON’T HAVE A GUN CONTROL PROBLEM. WE HAVE AN IDIOT CONTROL PROBLEM.

*11. FREE ADVICE FRIENDS, IF GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU NOT TO BUY A GUN, BUY TWO.

*12. I BELIEVE IF YOU HATE POLICE OFFICERS, THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN TROUBLE, CALL A CRACK-HEAD.

*13. HERE’S A FREE TIP, COPS WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE IF YOU DON'T DO STUPID THINGS.

*14. I BELIEVE WE NEED AN ELECTION DAY, NOT AN ELECTION MONTH.

*15. I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE WHEN YOU VOTE.

*16. I BELIEVE 400,000 BODIES BURIED AT ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY ARE THE REASON YOU SHOULD STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

*17. I BELIEVE THE WATER WON’T CLEAR TILL YOU GET THE PIGS OUT OF THE CREEK.

*18. I BELIEVE LOVE IS THE ANSWER, BUT YOU SHOULD OWN A GUN, JUST IN CASE

Latest posts

Back