Threshold between rooms

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dad004

Hey all, I'm new to the forum.
We are laying Kronos Original wood laminate flooring, 8 mm. We started in one room, and had plan on using some kind of t moulding to transition to the hallway. I'm having a hard time finding the right material. Should I be using some kind of metal strip, or can I glue the T moulding to the hardwood.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Don't use a tmold to transition to a hallway. That looks ridiculous. Your flooring should have coordinating moldings that you should use in doorways and such.

Unfortunately, they don't. Can you recommend where I can find something, and what I should use?

Just continue laying laminate into hallway, no need for transitional piece. Looks a lot better flowing from to hallway.

Take a sample of your floor into your local box store. You may be able to match it to transitions they have in stock. If not I deal with a company called Versatrim. They can match any color. Call them and ask for Jamey Jordan, she can help you find what you're looking for.

No, not going down a hallway. Only if the stretch is longer than 40' (some companies are more or less). I rarely put one in a hallway, only of I absolutely MUST because of length requirements.

The Versatrim product(laminate to laminate) looks like what I'm looking for. Are prices listed on the website? If so, I couldn't find them.

They will ship individual pieces. Each one is about $10-$20 but you'll pay about $15-$20 for shipping depending on where you're located. Plan on around $40 for one. However a 4n1 molding is about $30 anyway so it's pretty much a wash. At least you'll have a matching piece.

Latest posts

Back