Tile Installation Issue

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark F

I had a contractor install a wood look tile on a concrete floor. The tile is awesome. Ditra and kapra used where needed. However, the installer edged the tile almost to the baseboard. Then, and I don't know why, they grouted the edge between the tile and baseboard. about 3/8 of an inch of the baseboard is now locked into the grout. What was a fairly easy removal of the baseboard task has become more intensive. I was planning on just installing the baseboard and toe board on the level tile.
Does anyone have a hack on how to cut out the baseboard even with the surface of the tile? I could use an oscillating tool, but that might take days. Any other tools that I could use.
This was cheap wood baseboard and with the upgrade in the room I was just planning to replace it.
Thanks for the assist.

Do I have to play nice? Can I be bad? Mean? Nasty? Ugly and fat? How about, a bad nasty ugly ole fat man?

Naw, thanks, I like looking in seeing what my old friends are doing. Miss ya'll.

Do I have to play nice? Can I be bad? Mean? Nasty? Ugly and fat? How about, a bad nasty ugly ole fat man?

Naw, thanks, I like looking in seeing what my old friends are doing. Miss ya'll.

I replaced about 40 feet of baseboard embedded in grout at my son's house, and I simply chiseled the baseboard horizontally, and pulled out what I could. I then added a little bit thicker base to cover it all. I hate lazy installers!

Latest posts

Back