Tire tracks in your carpet?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I live in a cul de sac. Yesterday, the neighbor at the end of the street had two carpet installers, who appeared to be installing carpeting throughout their house. They rolled out the new carpeting across the entire street, and had a small 6" orange cone to alert motorists of the carpeting.

I thought, if I was a devious kid, I would have driven right over this carpeting, just to say I did. What I'd like to know if this has ever happened to any carpet installers?

Had a roll of yellow short loop blow off the back of my truck 35 years ago on the freeway. Obviously, my knot didn't work. Anyway, it flipped off the truck, landing perfectly to unroll completely. A semi was right behind me and ran over it, flipping the part of it up and tearing a hole in it. We went back and loaded it up with a better knot. Later we fixed the tear and vacuumed the tire marks off and installed it. What a day.

Had another lady come down the street, stopped for a bit, looked around, then drove right over the carpet with a glare on her face. There was plenty of room to go around. Guess she was having a bad morning. If I remember right, we threw the tube at her and she flipped us off. Ornery old granny.

I have cut rolls in streets and parking lots, even borrowed garages but never had anyone run over any. Cut in yards where I had to clean up dog feces before I rolled it out.

That'd be a funny thing to see, an old installer riding a bike with a beer in his hand doing circles over the carpet swinging the mini cone and laughing.

Happened to me many a time while i was cutting. Even waving them off they just rode over the cpt .

I started carring steel balls in my pocket for the ignornat ones.

I was doing a bank on a Saturday afternoon, bank was closed but the ATM wasn't. Anyway had the carpet rolled out in the parking lot and went back in to take some measurements. When I came out a lady was sitting in the middle of the carpet in her car doing her check book. I said "lady do you mind?" She said what? I told her look where you are sitting. She drove off without saying a word.
Another time cutting in a street my helper was at the beginning of the roll and I turned around in time to see a car coming right at him. I hollered and he turned around to see that it was his insurance man and another guy. They were coming to the house we were working in to make a deal with the lady. They took it out in trade if you know what I mean while we were working there.

Daris

I unrolled a 20 foot piece of IVC type material at a stores warehouse. I had a question about the color, so I shut the door and drove back to the store to get the sample. I was gone, maybe 10 minutes. When I returned, there were tracks from the electric forklift across the material and it was compressed and buckled from the weight of the machine. A repair guy had popped over when I was gone and backed it across the warehouse to plug it into the charger. Heck, all he needed to do was flop the one half of that sheet over onto itself to make room to drive over to the charging unit, but NOPE............ just drove right over it.
I left it unrolled overnight and when I came back the next morning, the indentations were totally gone. Dang, where do these idiots come from?

Latest posts

Back