Toast of the day

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always been the odd man out among installers, I drink almost zero alcohol. I have had one beer this year. Most of the installers I have known have been full-blown alcoholics.
Shit.... alcoholics, drugoholics, felons & weirdo's. I think that about sums up a solid 80% of tradesman.

I’m equal opportunity, here’s a toast of some green apple Gatorade for those that don’t partake in the devils juice.
image.jpg

I never tried that one or the blue one. Blue is just the wrong color unless you're a Smurf.

I have a peeve about anything flavored blue raspberry. Raspberries aren’t blue. Might as well add colored ketchup to that category as well. Not sure which was a bigger failure, colored ketchup or new coke. Besides, when I was a kid we didn’t get some fancy colored crap to motivate you to eat your food, it was a smack upside the head. Or the plate of food just sat there until you finally got hungry enough to eat it a couple hours later.

AE2BEB1F-CCA8-48F1-82A4-9D155C238D79.jpeg

I have a peeve about anything flavored blue raspberry. Raspberries aren’t blue. Might as well add colored ketchup to that category as well. Not sure which was a bigger failure, colored ketchup or new coke. Besides, when I was a kid we didn’t get some fancy colored crap to motivate you to eat your food, it was a smack upside the head. Or the plate of food just sat there until you finally got hungry enough to eat it a couple hours later.

View attachment 13391
Looks like a gag gift.
.....you can interprete that anyway you want.
Never seen those. Never want to.
When we were kids, there was a neighbor lady that liked the color orange. She also taught cake decorating lessons in their basement every now and then.
They had five boys in the family and all the rest of the neighborhoods kids hung out at their place a lot.
Her name was Louise and she invited me to come over and have birthday dinner with them. It was her birthday but she was fixing all the food and of course a cake for her own birthday.
She kicked everyone out of the house for the entire day.
When dinner was ready, everything was orange.
Orange mashed potatoes, orange butter, milk, everything.
They tell you food coloring does not have taste that I want to tell you something. Try looking at a glass of orange milk it doesn't taste like milk anymore. 😁

Smoked pot once in my life, about 50 years ago. I felt nothing.

The pot now is freaking ridiculous!

When I was a kid it was a whole "thing" to buy your pot, use your up in smoke album cover to break it up & remove the sticks and seeds, roll and smoke with friends. After that it was sit around chatting & giggling then grab a snack.....

Now there's so many different kinds and ways to use it. No more just smoking it. Then after you take it, you drool on yourself and are so far out of it and paranoid, you think the damn Po-po is going to kick your door down and drag you to jail. 😂
It's seriously a whole different ball game. I don't know how some of these people can smoke this shit and function? I would be useless. You'd find me on the job sitting in some corner eating the customers snacks & petting their dog/cat. Lol

View attachment 13391
I was under the assumption that blue raspberry was a mix of blueberry and raspberry, hence the name.

This is how I make my drinks. LolPXL_20211202_215459635.jpg
I bought this a couple years ago and every now and then make 5 gal of wine and run it through. 5 gal of wine will get about 2/3 gal of shine. Technically it's brandy but good lordy, let me tell ya it'll knock you on your ass!
First time I did it I was sampling teaspoons throughout the process....... The old lady had to drag my big ass in the house. Lol.
It's fun to tinker with though. I'll usually make a batch and stick a slice of green apple along with a cinnamon stick and give them out for Xmas. It's really tasty and kills the burn from it. Just have to make sure they go to responsible folk. It's take a tiny sip and share, not guzzle it down and pick a fight with your neighbor...... We all know those guys. Lol

This is how I make my drinks. LolView attachment 13499
I bought this a couple years ago and every now and then make 5 gal of wine and run it through. 5 gal of wine will get about 2/3 gal of shine. Technically it's brandy but good lordy, let me tell ya it'll knock you on your ass!
First time I did it I was sampling teaspoons throughout the process....... The old lady had to drag my big ass in the house. Lol.
It's fun to tinker with though. I'll usually make a batch and stick a slice of green apple along with a cinnamon stick and give them out for Xmas. It's really tasty and kills the burn from it. Just have to make sure they go to responsible folk. It's take a tiny sip and share, not guzzle it down and pick a fight with your neighbor...... We all know those guys. Lol

Nice. My buddy got a still maybe 5 years ago and was makin his own hooch. With the price of gas we might all have to get a still soon.

This is how I make my drinks. LolView attachment 13499
You turn wine into brandy?
........where's your church? Makes that wine into water thing look like child's play.
Neat little setup. Looks like it could be dangerous.

You turn wine into brandy?
........where's your church? Makes that wine into water thing look like child's play.
Neat little setup. Looks like it could be dangerous.

Not dangerous at all. That thing seals up tighter than a ducks ass.
It runs at about 225 degrees to start producing. I have all the settings marked on the heat source (hot plate) to pretty much set it and forget it. Just have to switch out mason jars as it produces.
It's a fun little hobby to tinker with. I want to try to make some corn whiskey (white lightning) at some point. Can't be any more difficult than Making wine.

Latest posts

Back