Took me long enough

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to our 40th high school reunion in 2018, and it was fantastic. Part of that was due to the venue selection. It was at the local county club, same place as our senior prom and many sports banquets. As a side note, some classmates worked there during the summer, which is what I wanted to do, but Pop whipped up a voodoo potion that got 6 out of 8 kids to work during the summers in the Carpet installation biz. Funny story, but first some history, I’m quite frugal when it comes to large expenses, actually the only expense ever financed was a mortgage and of course the many vehicles wifey ( now ex ) wanted. So, when the 1996 Chevy Astro died 😢 I did what all rational installers would do, and bought a 1993 GMC Suburban, two tone, with no air 😳 CASH ! And took it to the reunion 😱 My plan was to be last in, last out, and remain anonymous 🤫 , but fate had other plans 😬 Two female class mates where having trouble ordering up an Uber and I was their only hope. Did you know you can safely carry three people in the front seat of a Suburban 👍....Thank God I vacuumed the custom interior 😉 ......The best part was, for some reason, I did not care ! .......Maybe because driving in vintage style, took us back to our youth.

Brother Mike, if there is one thing in life I know for a fact it is that I dont give two flaming shits what other people think of me. Hell I dont even really care if I think of me. My life is good because I said so, someone else can think whatever they want, good on them!

I do like that your logical conclusion was to purchase a vehicle 3 years older. When my wife's last car died, she said she wanted a "new" one and I got worried, then i realized she meant a different one. We went from a 07 to an 06, must be better if it is older and still on the road right??? I am still made that I own a 2019 Sprinter, even though I love it but any old engine would have done just fine for me.

Brother Mike, if there is one thing in life I know for a fact it is that I dont give two flaming shits what other people think of me. Hell I dont even really care if I think of me. My life is good because I said so, someone else can think whatever they want, good on them!

I do like that your logical conclusion was to purchase a vehicle 3 years older. When my wife's last car died, she said she wanted a "new" one and I got worried, then i realized she meant a different one. We went from a 07 to an 06, must be better if it is older and still on the road right??? I am still made that I own a 2019 Sprinter, even though I love it but any old engine would have done just fine for me.
I wish all us Americans had that attitude. Too much po me these days.

We have a 2007 Nissan Versa, inherited from my MIL, a 2000 Chrysler 300 M, bought with the money from my 2006 Caravan after an idiot ran a stop sign and a 1994 Ford Econoline. I would not be afraid to drive any of them anywhere.

O-boy, trying to highlight ( quote) text w/ I-phone is tricky business......hey high, what is po me these days? Please elaborate thx
Self pitty.... Poor poor me. The opposite of Mark's gung ho "I don't give two flaming shit's" attitude. Unlike the po me attitude, Mark has a positive attitude.............. lead, follow or get out of the way. 👍

Mark has a positive attitude..............
Oh heavens no sir, I have anything but a positive attitude. Hell back in kindergarden my report cards would state "Mark has a negative attitude and does not do well when engaged with others" here we are 30 years later and I still hate everyone and just assume the worst. lol

Oh heavens no sir, I have anything but a positive attitude. Hell back in kindergarden my report cards would state "Mark has a negative attitude and does not do well when engaged with others" here we are 30 years later and I still hate everyone and just assume the worst. lol
Sounds like me. My wife says that I don't discriminate, I hate everyone.

Latest posts

Back