Tough Glue Job

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Been a crazy busy period since about mid summer for me. Just finished up a job out of town, put almost 500 miles on the truck is 9 days driving out to a 80,000 acre cattle rach down south near the border tucked in the mountains, est 1892. This is most likely the best floor coming out of China I've ever seen. Very pretty quarter sawn wire brushed, double smoked french oak, lacquered 8" x 72" x 9/16. Was a Biach to glue down. The ratchet straps did most of the pulling along with some beating. lol

Then there was the entry way from hell, previous wood I demo'd, concrete had to be demo'd for a 1/2 inch out dip in the floor so the steel door could open without scratching the wood. Plus a curve and a couple vents and closet.

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 000.jpg

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 005.JPG

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 011.JPG

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 003.JPG

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 017.JPG

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 016.JPG

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 019.JPG

McGibbon smoked wire brushed french oak 022.JPG

Last edited:
Nice looking material. Looks great. I like rustic a lot more than purdy.

You have problems with removing the tape residue?

Then there was the entry way from hell, previous wood I demo'd, concrete had to be demo'd for a 1/2 inch out dip in the floor so the steel door could open without scratching the wood. Plus a curve and a couple vents and closet.

How do you remove a half inch of concrete?

Last edited:
You have problems with removing the tape residue?

How do you remove a half inch of concrete?

I didn't see any tape residue in other areas where I used tape. I left this for the customer to deal with, last day.

Used a grinder for the CC removal, not the entire area, just in the center.

Thanks Hav, they'd look better with come decent light, its a dark house. And the dogs kept running in with dirty feets. The cow pic is my fav.

Hope you don't have to go back out to finish the toe kicks 😉

Nope, I told them to leave them off and explained they need some ply or MDF first then the thin veneer. Besides the cabinet guys had some stuff that was not ordered correctly to redo. Seems to be the norm for cabinet installs lately. Have another client who has been waiting 3 months for parts to come in that weren't correct so I can do her cork floor.

I'm always waiting on cabinets. Super frustrating... Got a 5k job right here Ive been waiting to put down for two months.

Latest posts

Back