Transition and shoe moulding question

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbtrade

Hi, I just installed laminate flooring in a room adjoining the hallway that has hardwood flooring. I raised the subfloor so the laminate is the same height as the hardwood floor.

I am installing T-molding over the transition. The hallway shoe moulding is stained and we are going to paint the shoe moulding to match the baseboard in the room with the laminate.

Do I run the T-moulding up to the base moulding or the shoe moulding? How can I transition the stained moulding and painted moulding where they meet :confused:....thanks! :)

Attached is a picture.

Hindsight, I now wish I had ripped out the last strip of hardwood and had the transition more centered...oh well :eek:

floor.jpg

But why? It makes the base board look smaller in size and costs significantly more than painted shoe or QR.

I always recommend stained shoe. It looks better for a lot longer. Doesn't show dents, u don't have to caulk it or paint it. Just sand, stain, instal & fill the brad holes. IMO I would go ahead & install whatever base shoe or 1/4 round u has 2, then cut your t-mold tight to that. Then if the t-mold stuck past the trim, I'd back cut @ a 45 to the tip of the trim. Just the way I've done in the past. Not saying its the best.

Latest posts

Back