Transition to tile - aesthetically

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbeydaisy

Installing engineered hardwood on slab, glue down. Flooring is on same plane as tile. Question: should I run the boards right up to the schluter strip leaving a 1/8 gap to calk or should I do a "border" separating the tile from the wood for aesthetics? I know the second option will be much more work, but I want it to look nice as I will not be doing this again! Pics below 2 options

image.jpg

You don't show where the transition ends on the sides. I LOVE the look of turning the boards-----there's a name for that-----can't think of it. I figured Nick would know.

But if that transition doesn't end in a doorway or otherwise where you can end those quarter turned boards into a wall it looks stupid.

So it depends.

How about keeping the boards as in the left picture and installing a transition to cover the edges of the boards and the edge of the tile?

We always put a "header" board in whenever the wood meets up with another flooring type. Looks much better that way! Like u said u only want to do it once. Take your time & do it the correct way & u will always b happy with the results!!

Latest posts

Back