Trash disposal

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Ever had trouble disposing of waste from your flooring jobs? The local trash company will not take my glue buckets, but if I dispose of them at a flooring store, the exact same truck picks them up with no problems. What do you do with carpet you remove? I leave it with the HO here. The trash company will do a one-time pickup of used carpet for a HO.

When I pulled the carpet from my girlfriend's house, I stood next to the cans as the trash truck arrived and slipped him $10. He had no problem dumping all the carpet with his little tip.

I pay 15 bucks per load to go to the local land fill. But I charge fitty cent a sf to demo it and tackstrip.

I wish the city would start a recycle program fro carpet. They do recycling but not carpet or pad.

There is a dumpster at the shop that I use for their takeup. For side work, I put it out with my trash if the customer doesn't want to dispose of it. I charge a buck a yard to dispose!

I used a friends dumpster for his business but they were very anal about it. You had to make sure the lid closed fully else they would just skip it.

Down at our shop, there was one truck driver that required the lid and door be fully closed or they wouldn't dump it.:mad:

I prefer to haul it for money. @ .fitty cents a sf I am getting more to demo and haul than installers get to install it. It's a hard surface thing. It's work, people don't like to do it or mess with it.

Back in the day I used to be able to stop at one of my builders dumpsters and dump it for free. Now their ain't many builders with dumpsters.

30 miles to the nearest landfill. Besides, I am not putting that stuff in my truck and then hauling someone's new carpet in there. Most of the time I don't do takeup. I took up enough urine-soaked carpet when I worked for retailers. Most of the locals are too tight to pay for takeup anyway.

In my area, we have a lot of lazy people. I probably do rip out and disposal twice a week! It goes back in the van with me to the dumpster. Sometimes on really hot days it can really get nasty. I call it liquid kitty!:p

In my area, we have a lot of lazy people. I probably do rip out and disposal twice a week! It goes back in the van with me to the dumpster. Sometimes on really hot days it can really get nasty. I call it liquid kitty!:p

Thats where pick-ups come in handy.

Installers around here all drive Ford vans. Standard Ford vans will haul 12' goods. Standard Dodge and Chevy don't. Unless it's changed in the last few years.

Installers around here all drive Ford vans. Standard Ford vans will haul 12' goods. Standard Dodge and Chevy don't. Unless it's changed in the last few years.

Ok so sure they will haul them, so will my long bed truck with the tail gate down. But will the end stick out a couple feet? Or will the doors close completely?

Latest posts

Back