Tsunami time

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Well the national weather service put out a tsunami warning that extends from Southern California all the way up to Alaska.
Been waiting all morning long for some notification to come across the bottom of the TV screen. 50 mi south of me there was supposedly a 1 ft surge.
The upper center was a volcano a lot closer to Jon than me. I'm guessing he hasn't been washed out to see or he would have said something. 😁
https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-...advisory-in-effect-throughout-west-coast.html

Nothing in So Cal. Was a bit of flooding at a boat ramp in Santa Cruz. Spoke to a guy in Alaska who actually heard the volcano's sonic boom from 4,000 miles away. This is being reported by hundreds of people way up in Alaska.

highup do you take a wander down to your beach to see if there is any damage?
it looks like there was a bit of damage up north in that link I posted
We are only about 3 miles away from Takapuna Beach which is an ocean beach, if you see far enough you would see South America, but I havent heard of any damage, maybe to far down from the tip of the North Island
Also that tennis player has been kicked out of Aussie from what I have heard
https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/it-s-game-set-and-match-for-novak-djokovic-a2244-20220114

Last edited:
Nothing much here. Think less than a 1 foot surge at the boat basin near the jetty, or harbor entrance.
Not enough reporting because it's a weekend.
.....I'm guessing
The communities or beaches that face southerly would see more activity

There was a 6' tidal surge within 30 minutes last night in Marina Del Ray, next to Los Angeles. It ripped the 60'-100' yachts from their moorings, and sunk two coast guard boats, which were not on a floating pier.

Latest posts

Back