Twitter Bug Unmasked Passwords, Change Your Password Right Away

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
Twitter today revealed there was a bug that caused the service to store user passwords in unmasked form. Typically, sensitive data, like your password, is stored on the in a hashed and encrypted form. However, it appears that in this instance, text passwords were stored as open text without any hashing. The Company does note that it has no reason to believe the password Info ever left their systems, but the company is urging caution and advising everyone change their passwords asap.

Here is a look at the message Twitter Support team sent out:

We recently found a bug that stored passwords unmasked in an internal log. We fixed the bug and have no indication of a breach or misuse by anyone. As a precaution, consider changing your password on all services where you’ve used this password. https://blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/keeping-your-account-secure.html …

Like Facebook, I joined Twitter just to find out what it was. I probably haven't gone to Twitter for a couple of years.
...........now, if I can find my password and user name, I'll change it. :D

Latest posts

Back