Urgently need 80 to 100 sq feet of discontinued Armstrong Rustics Premium Reclaimed American Chestnut Aged Chestnut L6604

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smportillo

This is a laminate, water resistant, 6.5" x 48", 5/8 inches thick (Armstrong now makes a new version of the same color, but it's vinyl, not what we need)
Does anyone know how I can find some? Armstrong doesn't have it, i have been calling places online that say they do, but in reality, they order from Armstrong
and didn't know it's discontinued, and I am waiting to hear back from a couple of places that say they carry discontinued....

1612544140371.png
1612544169701.png

Wish I could help, but the solid vinyl planking has kind of taken over the market for the last few years. I don't doubt that there's some, somewhere. I know that doesn't help at all. How old is your material?

Wish I could help, but the solid vinyl planking has kind of taken over the market for the last few years. I don't doubt that there's some, somewhere. I know that doesn't help at all. How old is your material?
About 3 years old. My husband bought it still new in the box from a private party. We thought we had plenty, but with waste, we have a hallway area we would not have enough for. Armstrong does make the same color in a rigid vinyl, so one thought we had was installing a strip of edging where the room ends (it's not walled, it's just where the family room transitions to a sort of hallway that leads to a couple of rooms), and then doubling the underlay, and using the rigid vinyl for that last area. That is the only way that we can think to do it, since it's the same exact color, but not the same plank. It's a basement family room and hallway, and I personally think you would not really even notice. But that is our plan b, because we really want the same plank for that area too.

You would want to check the thickness of the new vinyl product compared to the one you have. It might be a bit thinner.
If you have that same product in a bedroom it might be possible to disassemble the bedroom and make that into the hallway, then do the bedroom in the newer plank.
Yes I know that would be a lot more expensive but, the change would be less visible if the change was in a bedroom doorway.
Some particular products are colors are discontinued rather quickly.

Latest posts

Back