Velcro

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Did any of you ever install any of the carpet that was installed with Velcro? I ran across some one time. The customer wanted some repairs done and I had no idea how. It was the only time I ever heard of it.

No I didn't but I knew how to do it. If it was a large job which what it was designed to do you cut it ti fit and put it on the velco and wet it down with warm water. let it relax out and the come back and bump it onto the velcro cut it in and go home. My stepson installed tons of it in Detroit.

I’ve done Matworks carpet squares with the velcro tape. The tape is fairly sticky so it grabs decently but if there is a question of bonding then you prime the floor and that stuff is stuck like Chuck.

We rolled the tape out in lines. Try and match the lines up with the tiles. It was 4”? wide so it has enough bite to hit both squares. Work great and when you want to replace the tiles they simply peel right up.

Speaking of Chuck, he called me last week. Talked to him about a year ago too. He's still working but never used the term greasy fast during our conversation. 😁

Latest posts

Back