Vinyl kicker.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
I bought this and got it in the mail yesterday. Don't know diddly squat about it maybe Jon can fill me in. It was fully extended and wouldn't close up so I took the pad off and tapped on the locking mechanism with my favorite hammer and it closes now.

1645285225995.jpeg

I'm trying to think under which conditions that would work. I'm guessing it's not a new tool but I'm also guessing it wasn't used very much.

Odd!!!

I always thought that was a gag you played on your young/ new help?

"Run out to the van and grab my suction kicker....". I fell for it when I was just starting out & have got many people with it too.

Strange to know it's a real thing. 😂

I can't think of why I would use one either?

I'd like to see a video of one of those in use. Maybe it would make more sense. I'm just guessing commercial work with really long sheets.

I thought you quit buying antique tools.
NO I didn't. But this one is kind of out of my realm and I'd say this is more vintage. But Wasn't there a post where someone said something about a vinyl stretcher so I bought it just because. I usually don't get anything after 1933 and its a carpet tool. I got them all the way back to 1857.

Saw them at Vegas years ago
If you want to shift a larger piece of vinyl just flap some air under it
Wouldnt waste my time and I have bought some products which look good ?at the time
Going through my wagon there is heaps of rubbish there which will end up in the bin never been used
Any offers, at your cost to pick it up

I know the guy that came up with the idea for those. A carpet installer, he showed me his proto type when he came up with the idea, but I didn't see any real need. He must of sold a few, obviously. That takes me back, lol.

I know the guy that came up with the idea for those. A carpet installer, he showed me his proto type when he came up with the idea, but I didn't see any real need. He must of sold a few, obviously. That takes me back, lol.
I used the prototype for the "easy stretch". The tool that stretches by hooking to the strip. An installer in KC named Dick Victor invented it. Never was too impressed. Don't think he made any money on it.

I used the prototype for the "easy stretch". The tool that stretches by hooking to the strip. An installer in KC named Dick Victor invented it. Never was too impressed. Don't think he made any money on it.
I remember seeing this contraption, the behr claw, at surfaces in maybe 2004 or 5?. The boss thought it would speed up stretching on concrete. All I could think of was half ass nailed concrete strip popping all over the place.
E004649E-5F5C-4B1F-8E0D-34256684AA4F.jpeg

I remember seeing this contraption, the behr claw, at surfaces in maybe 2004 or 5?. The boss thought it would speed up stretching on concrete. All I could think of was half ass nailed concrete strip popping all over the place.
View attachment 14061
Yep. He invented it in the 80s, but I don't think he got a patent on it. It was worthless on concrete. On wood we used #8 nails in the strip.

Latest posts

Back