Vinyl plank cutter

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

I am a hardwood installer/finisher but have a customer who wants me to supply and install vinyl plank in several apartment complexes he is building this year (appox. 11000sqft). So diving in without much knowledge I said "Sure I can do that". I know I can get it installed ok, but what type of cutter would you recommend?

Sent from my iPad using Flooring Forum

ive never used a cutter for vinyl plank---score and snap like vct---i guess you could get a laminate shear but thats pretty pricey for a one time thing

I don't own a cutter specifically for vinyl plank and I'm installing large commercial projects on a fairly routine basis. VCT cutters are useful on certain brands/types and also REALLY depends on the type of cuts you're making but they're not designed to cut through some of the extreme aluminum oxide/ceramic finishes. You'll ruin the blades and possibly even twist out of square the rest of the springs/handle/cutting mechanism. Many of the guys I'm working with show up on VCT projects with cutters and those machines are basically useless aside from rough cuts to drywall because the blades don't give a clean "factory" cut.

MOST cutting of vinyl planks can be done fast(er) and easy(ier) with a utility knife----score and snap. I'd like to try the Bullet cutters but I've never even seen one on a job, only at the supply stores.

Latest posts

Back