Vortex report

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!/2" of ice this AM.
upload_2019-2-6_13-39-46.png

I spray my chute , and auger with Pam , or Silicone .. Go's right through that shush ,and no clogging..

No. I put that van back on the shelf after filming. :D
Looks like cotton balls more than snow.
Nuther storm ripped through last night, after the warmer one Sunday. Low tomorrow a frigid 29F. Not sure I can make it to work for my Minnesotan customer who just bought a house here. He was laughing as he was talking to me on the phone back there. More fun headed your guys way.

Storm is out headed y'alls way . Problem is that its clear of clouds so we're dropping to 28F in the am.
When i was hiking on sunday during the rain there was obvious snow birds in shorts hiking around. I was in full up rain gear .
20190203_092517.jpg
20190203_091731.jpg
20190203_095632.jpg

Looks like cotton balls more than snow.
Nuther storm ripped through last night, after the warmer one Sunday. Low tomorrow a frigid 29F. Not sure I can make it to work for my Minnesotan customer who just bought a house here. He was laughing as he was talking to me on the phone back there. More fun headed your guys way.
The snow was nice and fluffy.......... the real stuff.
The day before, there was an accumulation of snow with lot of ice pellets. I think that's what they are called. Looked like rock salt but dry and soft.

Hah..... It's graupel!
What? You’ve never heard of graupel? It’s a real thing and looks a lot like sleet or small hailstones, but not ice, the small balls are made of snow, and they are white. They almost look like tiny styrofoam pellets.

This form of precipitation starts as snowflakes, then those snowflakes grow larger and larger as supercooled water funnels up into the clouds and bonds to the flakes. You can tell the difference between graupel and hail or sleet by picking up the tiny snowballs — if they’re soft and easy to crush, it’s graupel. In fact, graupel is often referred to as “soft hail.” It often bounces and breaks apart once it hits the ground.

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/frozen-precipitation-defined-23431

Approaching 31 at 10pm. Probably not a lot colder tonight. Snow chance again on Saturday. They aren't promising any, ..........jus' sayin' ;)

Wow. How come people drive in weather like this? Ya know it's gonna happen. I guess truckers gotta do what they gotta do. I mean, you wouldn't want the frozen chickens to thaw. :D
Where I live would be a disaster with weather like that. Every where you drive in town there's small hills and grades. The highway going through town is flat but 15 miles north or 6 miles south are mile long grades with passing lanes.

We get a call for a inch of snow and everyone is out buying bread and milk.
Next day they are out driving in it .. What was the emergency ?

Latest posts

Back