Quantcast

W7

Help Support Flooring Forum:

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
If you are still using W7, Microsoft did an update on 8-6 that messed it up. You will need to do a "system restore" to fix it and then turn off updates.

highup

Professional
Pro
Damn, I still want a confuzer with XP so I can use my photo scanner again. XP never badgered me an overroad my wishes.

highup

Professional
Pro
I have an XP disk. It was supposed to have been the one for my computer, but it isn't. Computer was given to me by a friend that has an assessor business. It was one of his employees old computers.

highup

Professional
Pro
I'm not sure if my problem is the hard drive or the motherboard. I bought a nice power supply for it and that fixed some other problem at that time. Motherboard doesn't have any puffed up capacitors and nothing looks fried.
It won't load normally, nor can I get it to start from the DOS screen.... or whatever it's called.

Dan

Professional
Pro
I'm still running 7 and haven't noticed any issues. Also have XP on a couple old boxes, one I have connected to my monitor with a switch. Another I use at the tv in the living room. I can access movies on my NAS from it.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I'm still running 7 and haven't noticed any issues. Also have XP on a couple old boxes, one I have connected to my monitor with a switch. Another I use at the tv in the living room. I can access movies on my NAS from it.
Microsoft has been trying to force everyone to switch to EDGE. They downloaded it to everyone a couple weeks ago.

Dan

Professional
Pro
Yeah I got that one. No issues so far. Kind of hard to force me to use Edge when I have Chrome.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
I deleted Edge, I use Chrome but also IE. I like having icons on my screen. I hate going through the "favorites" list on Chrome.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Pro
I've been trying to uninstall Edge on W10, and it will not uninstall?

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Pro
Yep, tried all versions and Edge is still there, and can not be removed.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
That is why people hate Microsoft. Even though my laptop is set where I must approve updates, some of them I get anyway.

Tom Picciani

If you don’t like Edge, just don’t use it. You can remove the icons from the desktop and toolbar. The latest version is based off the Chrome engine. I use Chrome and just have Edge on the side in case nothing else works.

The only problem I’ve had with Edge is that Win10 made it the default program for pdf documents. Had to change it to Acrobatic

Latest posts