Warranty on Cell Phone Dead Battery, Motorola

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Just got off the phone with Verizon. My wifes old Razor battery is dead and will not recharge but for an hour. These guys sell me phone under contract for 2 years that I have to pay. But when I called the first contact said I would have to buy a new battery at my cost.

I countered with.... you sold me a phone under a 2 year contract and all of it, battery included should last through the 2 year period.

Took me an hour, and two other Verizon people, plus a Motorola contact to tell me they would refund the money for a new battery should I pay for it up front. I still did not like the up front part.

Personally, after over 10 years of contracts with Verizon I think they should back any problems with the phones they sell me regardless of what Motorola says the battery may last over any extended lifetime.

They tried the " depends on usage" thing on me. Well, I never go over 50% usage on the 4 phones I am under contract for.

So, her phones contract will be up in April. I will get her a new phone then.Maybe an iphone5 Uck!!!

Thats all I expect is for her phone to last through the contract period.

Am I wrong or right?

I agree the battery should last.

The battery in my old razr gave it up too. They wanted some ridiculious amount for the battery. I bought new one on ebay for $5.

Not that I'm a fan of conglomerates but Verizon doesn't make the phone. It would be like you being responsible for the wear layer on a floor.

I know one of the drawbacks to lithium ion batteries is that heat reduces the life substantially.

Wow. Razors and tracphones. Sounds like you guys could use an upgrade to something from maybe the last decade, haha. Dont go iphone! Dont be one of the sheep, haha. I just upgraded to the htc one and its great. I get all my work emailed to me and it comes right to my phone so I can do the estimates while im out and not have to go back out once I come home and find it laying on the fax machine.

It's actually a Droid Razor, not the original razor.

Not that I'm a fan of conglomerates but Verizon doesn't make the phone. It would be like you being responsible for the wear layer on a floor.

Well not me but I think if you selling a product your partly responsible for the product.

I got them to refund me the money when I buy a new one. The competition is fierce out there, being with them as long as I have I used that and pressured them. Like hey, I will not resign any more two year contracts

Well not me but I think if you selling a product your partly responsible for the product.

Why not you? Even if you simply refer you have some fiduciary duty. At least in facilitating a warranty claim with the manufacturer.

I very seldom use my cell phone. I have had the same home phone number for 21 years, no way I would switch now. Besides, with the deal I get, it's cheaper. I don't play games on a phone or take pictures with one, I have a very nice digital camera, so I only need a cell for emergencies.
My landline includes local, long distance, DSL, caller ID, call waiting and costs me less than $50 a month.

You know you can port a residential number to a cell now? You have internet in that price too?

Yes, DSL internet. The phone company lowered the price after cable started offering everything here. They undercut the cable co to keep their old customers. You just had to call and tell them you wanted a deal or you were switching.
Did the same thing to the cable co for TV.

Latest posts

Back