weather

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, we've only got an inch or so. Looks like the brunt of this one went to the north of us. Have an inspection scheduled for tomorrow morning in Springfield. May get postponed.

One of our xways is closed due to snow and accidents. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the end of my snow blower this afternoon getting my neighbors so they could get out if an emergency. Old people including myself in the neighborhood. Just got done and was gassing up and here came those friggin snow plows and filled us all back up. So far I think we got about a foot and it is still coming down really hard. They said 14 inches and its supposed to quit around 10 pm tonight Everything around here is cancelled for tomorrow including some minor surgery for the wife.

Daris

I got into a fight with one of them arseholes when i had a circle drive . he covered both exits . He didn't plow me in anymore after that .

Here they plowed about 5 30 am. We got most of the snow after that. The temps worry me more than the snow. My house is over 100 years old and not really insulated for these temps. I have a couple space heaters and a cook stove to help, but I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket. Before next year, I will have a wood stove. Heated with one for five years when we lived on a farm. They say it hasn't been this cold here for 40 years. Damn global warming.

I grew up with two fireplaces. One in the basement, another on the main level basically on top of the other. They are in the middle of the house, so the brick aren't on an exterior wall. Makes a huge difference. They would heat the house, but you had to put wood on the fire every two-three hours.

Twenty some odd years ago when I moved back here the first thing I did was put a used insert in the fireplace. Best $500 I ever spent. A couple years later I stumbled onto another insert just like (same brand and model) what I put in before for $200! Put it in the basement.

Normally I just keep a fire on the main level. Usually only build a fire in the basement if we have company over to shoot pool or when it's really cold like now. I add wood to the fire twice a day. Just checked and it's 88°F in the fireplace room.

I have a fireplace now . It eats wood like a steam engine .

Would love to have my steel airtight wood stove back .

On the farm, we had a wood stove with a cooktop and a blower. Full of wood it would burn at least 12 hours. We would put a pot of beans and ham on the top and have a meal in a couple hours. The major problem here, the insurance companies don't want anyone to use a wood stove, even though house fires caused by them are rare. But, I do know one who will let me.

Well it says we ended up with 16.2 inches. But I think they are calling for another 3-5 today. The temperature is in the teens right now so we'll see.
I'm sore and stiff from being on the end of the snow blower for 2 1/2 hours yesterday for the first 8 inches now I get to do it all over again today for the other 8.
Daris

Snow anyone???

Daris

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Latest posts

Back