What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordering out tonight. Neither the wife or I feel like doing shit after the week we had.
I think we're kinda in a dinner slump. Nothing even sounds good.

Ordering out tonight. Neither the wife or I feel like doing shit after the week we had.
I think we're kinda in a dinner slump. Nothing even sounds good.

We went out to some high falutin restaurant last night. I was thrown for a loop cus it was only two $$ on Yelp. Those must be Scottsdale $’s. I had the meatloaf. $26 meatloaf. It was good but damn it’s still just meatloaf, right. Couple nights of that and you’ll snap outta your funk real quick.

Nuttin' but a quart of Umpqua chocolate milk an a piece of string cheese since noon. Managed a 9 hour day starting near noon.
On the bright side, I got 4 solid core doors cut. Was gonna do them tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain.
Homeowner was there to help me carry them outside and back in.
I wanted to cut them because this house was built for his daughter who's finishing college in San Diego and moving back here. They have enough on their plate trying to make the house ready to move into. They're flying to San Diego tomorrow and renting a U Haul to drive her and her stuff back up here.
They've sent progress photos of the house being constructed so she could see what it looks like along the way. Mom stopped sending progress photos after the sheetrock was hung. Their daughter is in for a big surprise when she sees it completed .....on Sunday.
....that's about when her baby is due to arrive. I've done 5 homes for this couple. They were building the first home when their youngest daughter was born...... She's 18 and about to graduate from Highschool. On home #2 she became known as "my little helper" She would aways come over, sit down next to me and asked "whatcha doing" she watched and learned..... at age 4 1/4 or 5 years old. Never got in my way, just wanted to know what I was doin'
Coolest family if ever worked for. Feels nice to part of this welcome home thing. Their daughter moved to San Diego for schooling, not a place to live.

Last edited:
No comment

bacon wrapped.jpg

Went out for dinner tonight. Nothing special there but this is a restaurant that Joe Arpaio goes to and I picked up a pair of pink shorts sans a trip to jail. That made dinner taste just that much better.
9A1FF165-CD82-4555-8CBC-5665A5187A01.jpeg

Big ol juicy pork chops tonight with a garden salad. Got some mega stuff Oreos for dessert. Gotta watch myself with the pre dinner snack: frito scoops and some French onion dip.
964DA3C4-18ED-4232-B0F4-1DB777395F44.jpeg

Latest posts

Back