What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mom passed so we moved to AZ to keep the old man out of a home. Still got the house in NC but we’re hanging out in Scottsdale until the old man goes or loses his mind and we can move him back to NC without him knowing😏.
Enjoy your time with your father. Lost my mother 35 years ago, my father a couple years later. My in laws because almost like parents and lost my FIL 8 years ago and my MIL 5. still have my sister but both brothers are gone. On holidays, you miss them even more.

I am very appreciative to have this opportunity in my life. 10 years ago I wouldn’t have been able to just up and move at the drop of a hat. That means the old man would be goin into a home and that’s the first step in decline to me. It’s not like he does all that much anyway but just being able to live out your life comfortably in your own home with family and a few pets around is what life is really all about. I already told the ol man that when he loses it we’re movin him back to NC and to keep an eye on the rooster cus you can’t trust that mfr.

My grandpa went into a home and it just bothered me. I was usually too busy workin at the time to make it up to see him during visiting hours. They have monthly outings n such but the rest of the time they’re stuck at ‘the facility’. He had a hard time making friends because the few times he got to know someone they would croak. I wasn’t about to put the old man through that. Why not just do him a favor and push him off a cliff if that’s all you care about someone.

Forgot about the rooster. 😂

That's I feel about a nursing home. I told the old lady that if I get that bad to cop me some morphine and load me up. Send me off in a dope fueled haze.

Or take my big ass out back and show me the rabbits George. I don't think she has what it takes to pull the trigger though.

Chickens are magical. We had one that if our door wasn’t open she
would wait outside the kitchen window to be let in because she liked to lay an egg behind our microwave.

I also told the wife to have me cremated to send me to hell proper. Then flush me down the toilet!

I don't think she (or anyone) understands my humor. 😂

My style is wayyyy too futuristic for most people.

I also told the wife to have me cremated to send me to hell proper. Then flush me down the toilet!

When I'm home, Mom is always 3 feet away from me. Never got her a nice urn. She's hermetically sealed in a box... In her 2 drawer oak file cabinet. Not sure if I deserve oak, but that's for someone else to figure out. I have my sister and grandfather's coffee mugs and grandma's ironwood owl. I'm not the shrine type. I got memories and photos.

That is what I say. Cremate me and put me in a douche bag and give me on last ride. When I hear the toilet flush I know it is over.

And last but certainly not least
Chickens are magical. We had one that if our door wasn’t open she
would wait outside the kitchen window to be let in because she liked to lay an egg behind our microwave.

View attachment 15781
Years ago I got a flock of 6-8 chickens. Made them a coop and a run, basically everything a chicken could want. They were fun and loved following us around the yard wherever we went.

I'm at work one day and the missus calls me all hysterical like and sobbing. Finally got it out of her that something mutilated the chicken's. She said it was a blood & guys nightmare. I originally thought she was overreacting until I got home and saw the murder scene. Whatever got them pulled their heads through the chicken fence and decapitated them. Then ravaged their bodies until they got their fill.

That was a great way to come home from work. Cleaning up the blood bath of a wall of chicken heads and guts all over the ground. Never again do I want to deal with that. Chicken's are an easy meal to just about every other animal on earth..... including us!

When we moved someone broke in. The only things that I care they stole was my mother's Bible and a pool cue my late brother gave me when I was 14, 60 years ago.

Dogs, coyotes, bobcats, all will kill chickens

Mom passed so we moved to AZ to keep the old man out of a home. Still got the house in NC but we’re hanging out in Scottsdale until the old man goes or loses his mind and we can move him back to NC without him knowing😏.
My wifes Mom moved in with us almost 2 years ago, def a life changing event, but you have to take care of family.

Char grilled oysters for lunch. Clarified butter is heating up on the grill.
0D8796D5-7AD7-4A37-BE85-0DA80C360F91.jpeg
5517F1A2-2CB9-450A-993B-F6A6C6623BA0.jpeg
BFFC752E-41F8-4C14-A61E-16D0833FF435.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back