What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tri tip-----olive oil, Montreal Steak Seasoning and Worchestichestershire sauce.

Slather all that on the meat and let it sit out for at least two hours. I'm gonna grill this but I've been reading recipes to just roast it at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

I've got time to decide.
Holy crap! I can get 2 fat ass NY strips for what that cut costs.

Actually I can get 4 fat ass NY strips for about $40-50 from sam's club. Like about 2" thick!

Crazy how prices fluctuate in different areas?

Holy crap! I can get 2 fat ass NY strips for what that cut costs.

Actually I can get 4 fat ass NY strips for about $40-50 from sam's club. Like about 2" thick!

Crazy how prices fluctuate in different areas?
Yeah, that's what we pay. My younger son is looking to buy a home in San Diego. Prices have actually come off a little but I don't understand how he's going to do it. Something's got to give.

His and Hers Leftovers.

So this is the same Tri Tip. Mama's got the steak overlaying sauteed brussel sprouts and mushrooms with parsley and scalions in butter/salt/pepper. That gets served with shredded parm. Her side is avacados, grape tomatoes with olive oil and apple cider vinegar------S&P of course.

So I mine is just the side salad of avacados/tomatoes/vinegar/olive oils and the left over tri tip. I spritz the meat with Worchestichestishire Sauce before I gently reheat in the microwave.

There was a little side salad leftover from yesterday------similar ingredients but it was in a Spring Mix salad. We ate almost all of that but it's a bit left we have to eat today or it'll brown out.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 0
Burnt Salisbury steak.
Lol. That reminds me of a funny story.

On grilled cheese and soup night I look around the dinner table and my wife has a nice golden brown grilled cheese as well as my son. I look at mine and I have 2 blacker than the ace of spades. I'm no dummy so I shut up and eat them... This goes on one or two nights a month..... For 15 years!!

Finally a year or two ago I pipe up and ask what gives?

Apparently when we first got together she made me dinner and burned the grilled cheese. She was apologizing and was going to toss them and start over. I said no way, I like them burnt (because I was tired and hungry from work and just wanted to eat something.. anything.)

Moral of the story, watch what you tell the ladies in our lives. Unlike us, they actually listen to what we're saying!!

Lol. That reminds me of a funny story.

On grilled cheese and soup night I look around the dinner table and my wife has a nice golden brown grilled cheese as well as my son. I look at mine and I have 2 blacker than the ace of spades. I'm no dummy so I shut up and eat them... This goes on one or two nights a month..... For 15 years!!

Finally a year or two ago I pipe up and ask what gives?

Apparently when we first got together she made me dinner and burned the grilled cheese. She was apologizing and was going to toss them and start over. I said no way, I like them burnt (because I was tired and hungry from work and just wanted to eat something.. anything.)

Moral of the story, watch what you tell the ladies in our lives. Unlike us, they actually listen to what we're saying!!

I love it and am more impressed that you held that shit in for 15 years.

I grew up eating burnt stuff. Mom would burn the toast then scrape the burnt off. Lol. Dad likes dry ass chicken and well done everything else so you had to choke dinner down with a glass of milk.

I had a girlfriend years ago that would have dinner ready for me when I got home. Usually something like burnt pork chops and stove top but I didn’t care, I gobbled that stuff up. Burnt food always taste better when it’s made with love.

That's right man, 15 years!!!

I'm not the smartest guy on the planet. But I know how to play the game and how not to let it play me. If shutting my mouth and eating burnt grilled cheese gets me clean clothes and dinner the next night, I do what needs to be done .... I eat that shit with a smile 😁.

The only reason I said anything is because I was curious about them. I thought maybe mine went on first and she didn't have the temp right until she got a couple done?

When I was dating my wife, she fixed dinner for me. It was fish. But it had spinach in the recipe which turned the fish green. I still kid her about serving me green fish.

Latest posts

Back