What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.J.

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Woke up this morning and decided to make a frittata for breakfast. Red potatoes, green onions, bell peppers and some chicken apple sausage.

What are you guys makin?

0CA776B8-49B5-47B6-AE62-DE8F6B0DEF81.jpeg

Coffee for breakfast and tonight I split a large Dominos pizza with my brother. I bet the aroma at your place was better. It's been a long time since I took the time to fix something fancier than a tuna salad samwitch.

Z is always talkin about Cookin for mom. I’m the one that cooks for my family. I know others out there are gettin their groove on in the kitchen so why not share. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Tonight we had some Marie Calendar’s chicken pot pies for dinner. I do love me some pot pies.

Z is always talkin about Cookin for mom. I’m the one that cooks for my family. I know others out there are gettin their groove on in the kitchen so why not share. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Tonight we had some Marie Calendar’s chicken pot pies for dinner. I do love me some pot pies.
Do NOT 🚫 try their fake meat pies.

.....just don't

I cook on the weekends too. I got into it when my old lady used to have to work weekends. Summer was no sweat, grill and smoker stuff. But I got into doing inside cooking in the cold season. I used to make 2 big things on a Saturday. Like a lasagna and a chicken soup. Take 1/3 of one for supper tonight and 1/3 of the other for tomorrow. Then 1/3 of both in the fridge for 2 weeknight suppers and the remaining in the freezer for an easy meal down the road. It worked out great!
This morning I made "dads famous breakfast mix". Sorry, no pics. Basically just home fries, ground breakfast sausage, peppers & onion, scrambled eggs all mixed together and cheddar cheese on top. A couple shots of tobasco sauce and a little catsup....that's a good stick to your ribs kind of breakfast!!

I want to bust out my smoker when I get back home. I have a couple racks of baby backs in the freezer that have been calling my name. I use a dry brine I get from a local butcher shop that is absolutely amazing 🤩. Coat your meat and don't be cheap with it. Seal it up in a freezer bag and leave it 3 days flipping it over daily. It creates its own juices and let me tell you, this stuff is the best! You really don't need any bbq sauce but I like to anyway. Something thin and vinegary works well with it.
I'll get some pics of those bad boys when I get into them, for sure!

Just me, my brother, my dad and my wife tonight so we kept it easy. Flank steak, sautéed green beans, Cesar salad and garlic bread. I did the flank steak under the broiler so I set off the smoke alarm. That just means dinner is gonna be good. Followed all that up with a slice of some French silk pie. The left over steak juice gets drizzled on top of the dog food so even the dog gets some love.

That reminds me, I gotta put the smoke alarm back up in the kitchen😝

In the meantime with the current weather forecast they were being easy on us. We've been told in last 24 hours that we might have one to three inches of snow on the coast.....
... at sea level. That forecast was for tomorrow afternoon into Monday at some point.
It's not close to tomorrow afternoon.
Currently there's about 3/8 of an inch of hail/grumble/gravel /gravel, whatever they call it, on my deck railing.
If that's not bad enough, I just went outside and oh my Lord!!!
What falls from the sky can be total horror.

Pretty fancy looking waffle, where did you get a iron like that? I love waffles also and had them for breakfast this morning, once or twice a month breakfast on Sundays.

My mom got me that waffle iron 30 years ago when I was goin through culinary school. It’s a Vitantonio 5 of hearts. It’s for makin thin Danish waffles but works just as well with regular ol waffle mix.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back