What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately it's about the end of BBQ season in my neck of the woods. It could be done but I would rather not freeze my sack off for some burgers.
I'm in Michigan and the grill goes year round, just outside the patio door. Years ago I came into the sub and it was snowing to beat the band and I could smell grilling, yep it was mine.

Northern NY is ridiculous for weather. We always say that if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.

Last week or 2 has been hovering in the low 40s with rain and wind..... today it's sunny and 70..... WTF

So yeah, grill will be fired up today!!!

We actually got our first real rain last night. It's only .31 inches, but I doubt if we've had an inch in the last 3 months, and I can't even remember the last time that it rained. From July through October we probably only average an inch and a half. I guess fall is about to start.

I went swimming 4 days out of last week and it's been up in the low '90s. Pool water temp went down to about 70 degrees from like 84 in the later summer. I can still enjoy a dip in the pool even into November some years. Generally I'm in there from late March to early Oct.

On the other hand my wife can't tolerate the water temps other than late June to late August. I priced out pool heating systems and between the system equipment costs + labor + fuel I'd have to work til the day I die to afford keeping that pool water warm year round.

Did you think of a solar cover?
We've had them on our above ground pools at the other house. It's too much trouble taking it off when you want a quick dip. We may end up getting one some day. I haven't ruled it out EVER. I'd not want to wrestle with it but for my wife's sake maybe I'll reconsider. Being retired I don't have those aches and pains of routine heavy labor. So it's doable if I ever change my mind.

My wife is making a "taco bake". Not sure exactly what it is.

Taco anything sounds delicious! Only way to make that better is if your hand looks like this when you’re leaving the dinner table
96AF7B4C-122A-40A6-B8DD-199E1F1C8EE1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back