What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuna samwich. 35 % supermarket slop in a tub for the base, then I add 65% real chunky tuna, some pickles and make it like it was supposed to be. Not fancy but neither am I.
Tomorrow night.... toasted tuna samwich........ Yup, that's me cooking. 😁

Got the toaster oven fires up. Chicken cordon bleu for lunch today.
14A6EFA6-CF75-4CCB-8A31-104CBFE376F7.jpeg

WE have a big family, now with all the grandkids, everybody lives within 45 minutes, we feed a lot of people on the weekends. I watch the ads at a local market, and swoop down on the meat specials. This week is was boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1.28lb, and pork loin chops at 1.48. Passed on the loin chops, stocked up on various cuts, so I got 50lbs. 64 bucks. Can't believe those low prices are gonna last, so I'm going to keep that big freezer full while I can.

Still buying 95-5 ground beef from a local farmer, $5 a lb.
I'll probably have to start buying that instead of the 80/20 which I've always preferred. Doc says the cholesterol level is running amok. I already knew it as my other doctor told me about 10 years ago to watch it. But I didn't and now it's WAY bad. So I read up on all the worst foods that cause high cholesterol. Then I looked in my fridge and pantry.

100%!!

I made chicken soup from scratch. I use onions, leeks, a turnip, celery, carrots, zuchini, basil, cilantro, bay leaves, red potatoes.........

To go along with it I sauteed up some veggies------onions, green peppers, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, brussel sprouts and mushrooms in avacado oil. After its browned up and fully carmelized I shave some parmigiano cheese and set the pan in the oven so the cheese melts over.

Worked for some Russian clients this week. They made lunch for me everyday. One day meatballs, another chicken drumsticks. On the last day they sent a cake home with me. Didn't talk English hardly but would drag me out of my room to feed me.

Latest posts

Back