What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve had customers come in while we’re cookin. We’re not stingy, we’ll share.

Careful what you say. You might have a line outside.

A local lumber yard used to do burgers, dogs, chips and sodas every Wednesday for contractors that shop there. They cut it off because the locals would send their kids there for lunch and have them load up on everything to bring back home for them. It got to be a real issue. So much so that there was never anything left for the contractors when they came in.

A little generosity can turn into a shit show really fast.

Tri tip and Mac and cheese here.

Attachments

• 20221202_183919.jpg
    20221202_183919.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Pork chops. If you look at them they look to be a hip. That is what we called them when I was in the Navy and the name just stuck.
I think that's a boomer saying. When I was a kid and asked what was for dinner the old man used to always say monkey hips & rice.

How many of you have one of these insta hot thingies sittin in your counter? The wife loves it. I don’t use it all that much but when I need some quick boiling water it does come in pretty damn handy. I wanted to calibrate one of my thermometers yesterday and some boiling water was just the ticket.

42AECAF4-42FF-4E21-B2F9-7DD0226AB526.jpeg
5CD70B85-B724-4373-95E8-640A65886A81.jpeg

Our coffee pot has a hot water thing built into the side. You can make coffee and hot water at the same time.

I am on a bagel kick. Double cheese or French toast bagel.

Tri tip and Mac and cheese here.
Love tri tips, just got some for 1.98lb, untrimmed in the bag. Little time with the knife, get off all that silver skim, man, they cook up nice. Hang them in the barrel, as hot as the barrel will run, until the temp says 135, then into the little Playmate ice chest to rest. Wrap, and into the fridge, sliced for my work day lunches.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_183628406.jpg
    IMG_20221204_183628406.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 0
Love tri tips, just got some for 1.98lb, untrimmed in the bag. Little time with the knife, get off all that silver skim, man, they cook up nice. Hang them in the barrel, as hot as the barrel will run, until the temp says 135, then into the little Playmate ice chest to rest. Wrap, and into the fridge, sliced for my work day lunches.
When my son lived in Cali, I visited and he had tritips. I loved them, got back to Mi and looked for them,nope. Talked to a butcher and he said they come from a certain area and cutting them it messed up the other cuts of meat from that area. Told me to buy a 1/4 of beef and he could cut it anyway I wanted.

How many of you have one of these insta hot thingies sittin in your counter? The wife loves it. I don’t use it all that much but when I need some quick boiling water it does come in pretty damn handy. I wanted to calibrate one of my thermometers yesterday and some boiling water was just the ticket.

View attachment 15903View attachment 15902
I don't even have a coffee maker.
For the last 10 years I use a two cup Pyrex measuring cup and use a reusable filter.
I fill the two cup measuring cup with water, drop in the reusable filter and put in two heaping spoonfuls of coffee.
Sometimes Uban, sometimes Seattle's best, most often Yuban with whatever concoction I mix up at the grocery store with real coffee beans. I do it different every time and it's kind of like a box of chocolates.....
.... But it's coffee.

Tri tip-----olive oil, Montreal Steak Seasoning and Worchestichestershire sauce.

Slather all that on the meat and let it sit out for at least two hours. I'm gonna grill this but I've been reading recipes to just roast it at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

I've got time to decide.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back