What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving back to the universe for my good fortune yesterday.

37DEA6F4-F026-4B36-BEDF-1115CA246A3B.jpeg

Fresh ‘bought’ is more like it. Lol.

I bought some beer yesterday. It was a case of 4 six packs. The clerk scans it and says ‘$12.96’. I blinked a little and half started to question the price but quickly shut up cus I know it’s $12.96 per six pack.

Anyway, Circle K’s loss has been turned into a 3 1/2 pound salmon fillet. And with that act of kindness I wash my hands clean of any and all wrongdoing. I think that’s how it works, right.

9B3EBFC8-5FFA-4B19-B526-205A29E7234E.jpeg

Last edited:
Fresh ‘bought’ is more like it. Lol.

I bought some beer yesterday. It was a case of 4 six packs. The clerk scans it and says ‘$12.96’. I blinked a little and half started to question the price but quickly shut up cus I know it’s $12.96 per six pack.

Anyway, Circle K’s loss has been turned into a 3 1/2 pound salmon fillet. And with that act of kindness I wash my hands clean of any and all wrongdoing. I think that’s how it works, right.

View attachment 16691
Well, if you were Catholic you COULD be forgiven...............every week for such a sin. And I guess a Protestant could just wait til the last minute and be born again. Hell, Circle K had my beer so much cheaper than the liquor stores and groceries I've been buying them I THOUGHT I was stealing the first few times and kept my mouth shut through the sale. Eventually I realized they were already cheaper and if I bought 2 there was a big discount on top. So from 12 and change for one to 18 and change for 2. Hell yeah I'm loving Circle K nowadays. Let's see how long that lasts.

We don't have a Circle K 😥
Somebody mention orange cake?
I shop the discount section at Fred Meyers. I've never seen this particular cake food there before tonight.
....not bad. Price is even better.

Attachments

• PXL_20230331_011241098.jpg
    PXL_20230331_011241098.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I see those loaf cakes and the pudding rings are even more dangerous. I can’t buy em cus I’ll eat the whole damn thing, possibly with ice cream.
Fred Meyers used to have those full size 3 lb chocolate pudding bundt cakes for like 3.49 or 3.79 in the discount section with the rest of their bakery and bread stuff.
For three and a half bucks, sometimes I just had to but yeah like you say it doesn't last 2 days between me and my brother. I was joked about putting a gallon of ice cream in the middle. 😁

Snicker's bite sized, then......
...something with bread on bothe sides.
Big box, but only about 1/3 full.
This is crazy. It would take 2/3 less fuel to truck these to the store if they packaged them honestly.
Now see who causes the most climate change? 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20230403_005346342.jpg
    PXL_20230403_005346342.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230403_005425042.jpg
    PXL_20230403_005425042.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Snicker's bite sized, then......
...something with bread on bothe sides.
Big box, but only about 1/3 full.
This is crazy. It would take 2/3 less fuel to truck these to the store if they packaged them honestly.
Now see who causes the most climate change? 😁

That should be illegal. Very deceitful. Can’t be good for business either. I’d feel cheated…🥴

It's not like you can't tell by picking up the box, I knew it wasn't full. That's way beyond the packaging and settling reasoning in cereal boxes. I mean, how much does a Butterfinger settle? It just seems like a lot of wasted space.
They sell over a billion and a half Butterfinger candy bars. I'm not sure how many of those are mini boxes, but still, when everybody's bent out of shape because of carbon emissions, nobody's talking about packaging. Carbon emissions don't matter to me but I'm looking at the transportation costs for shipping a box that's 70% air, not to mention 70% wasted box.
Maybe we need another Congressional hearing and demand the CEOs of all these companies explain why there's so much empty space in their boxes.
Shame them over the environmental impact and the millions of gallons of wasted diesel and the tens of thousands of trees murdered just to deceive the public 😁

It's not like you can't tell by picking up the box, I knew it wasn't full. That's way beyond the packaging and settling reasoning in cereal boxes. I mean, how much does a Butterfinger settle? It just seems like a lot of wasted space.
They sell over a billion and a half Butterfinger candy bars. I'm not sure how many of those are mini boxes, but still, when everybody's bent out of shape because of carbon emissions, nobody's talking about packaging. Carbon emissions don't matter to me but I'm looking at the transportation costs for shipping a box that's 70% air, not to mention 70% wasted box.
Maybe we need another Congressional hearing and demand the CEOs of all these companies explain why there's so much empty space in their boxes.
Shame them over the environmental impact and the millions of gallons of wasted diesel and the tens of thousands of trees murdered just to deceive the public 😁

I see on the front of the box they have an arrow marking the fill level. I guess that makes it all ok.

I see on the front of the box they have an arrow marking the fill level. I guess that makes it all ok.
I did not see that, I think that was their intent. I demand a tiny battery and a little blinking red LED near that line that's activated when you pick up the box. It would alert you the box is not nearly full. 😁
Still, back to the trillions of barrels of diesel fuel burnt by wasteful packaging. 😉

Sticky Finger Sundae--- Any two flavors of our Homemade Ice Cream layered with Hot Fudge, Peanut Butter Sauce, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Crunch and topped with Whipped Cream, Reese's Pieces and a Cherry.

If you're counting calories figure this 24 oz. version is about a week's worth... :cool:

sticky finger sundae.JPG

Sticky Finger Sundae--- Any two flavors of our Homemade Ice Cream layered with Hot Fudge, Peanut Butter Sauce, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Crunch and topped with Whipped Cream, Reese's Pieces and a Cherry.

If you're counting calories figure this 24 oz. version is about a week's worth... :cool:

View attachment 16704
Nope.
.....well, maybe if there's a horizontal version with bananas. 😉

Latest posts

Back