What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm same as you, can't remember the last time I went to McDonald's.
Wendy's and Burger King a few times in the last year. Their little bacon cheeseburgers are about the size of sliders but they're good enough to cure the munchies when you're in need.

The food has always been crap and we knew it but it was CHEAP crap, not anymore. Those square burgers you like used to be $0.99. For $3 you could get a burger, a fry and a frosty. That’s a good deal for cheap food, for $20 I coulda gone to the Mexican restaurant across the street and had a sit down dinner with a beer.

I will admit I did enjoy the Big Mac though, haven’t had one of them in ages. Nuggets are nuggets, they’ll make a turd just as well as anything else.

I used to do the Egg McMuffin breakfast meal cus it was $5 and they put the creamer in the coffee for you. Yes, I’ve thrown many a hash brown out the window because they were soggy. How do you F up a hash brown, it’s McDonald’s for cryin out loud. They have that shit down to a science. 350? degrees for X amount of time in a deep fryer and you get a crispy hash brown EVERY SINGLE TIME. Or at least that’s how it’s supposed to be but that’s what you get for $5 and I try not to sweat anything under $5.

That same $5 breakfast meal is $10 in Scottsdale. That was the straw that broke the camels back cus now I’m gettin pissed. For $10 I want that hash brown and I want it to be crispy.

Now you know why we cooked our own lunch a lot at work, cus I can make soggy hash browns for free!

The food has always been crap and we knew it but it was CHEAP crap, not anymore. Those square burgers you like used to be $0.99. For $3 you could get a burger, a fry and a frosty. That’s a good deal for cheap food, for $20 I coulda gone to the Mexican restaurant across the street and had a sit down dinner with a beer.
Fast food workers are so bad these days you just have to laugh and double/triple check every aspect of the service. As far as prices McDonalds here is the cheapest calorie you can buy. But you can't trust you'll get that food---------fresh and otherwise professionally handled.

Professionalism is just not to be expected anymore. Minimum wage minus inflation (grossly under reported) for multiple generations results in a paycheck that appeals now to mostly (only in many restaurants) Third World Immigrant labor. So why would the corporation or it's customers expect the same level of professional worker. You sure don't get that here. I imagine in other regions, less overhwhelmed by Third World immigrants you'd find a decent class of workers just based on some fading memory of a work ethic.

Last edited:
Had the step daughter and her family over for swimming, drinks and dinner. This was my other half's wish for Mother's Day. I picked up 5 Rib Eye steaks, cooked medium rare of the BBQ, had fresh green beans, Mexican corn, a nice green salad, and freshed mashed potatoes. Topped off with a lemon pound cake with a sugar glaze with sprinkled blackberries. I even had a few Coors Lights while doing the cooking.

Oh baby, I got some Pimento cheese, and not the American cheese kind.
IMG_3294.jpeg

I let somebody else do the cookin tonight, how bout you. I ordered the ribeye with shroom gravy, smashed taters and broccoli. Then I had some bad ass brownie thing for dessert. Best part is… no dishes.

A cupcake with an outer lining of Belgium Chocolate filled with Homemade Vanilla and Strawberry ice cream, topped with Pound Cake and Strawberry purée….

Attachments

• 6E472B4A-16E6-4137-950A-9A3CF4470B36.jpeg
    6E472B4A-16E6-4137-950A-9A3CF4470B36.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 0
What can I say. These things are delicious, I could eat 10 of em. Lol. I usually get the Bumble Bee brand but my wife found this one at the dollar store. I was pissed because even though it was only a buck, it only has 5 crackers and the Bumble Bee brand has 6. I want that 6th cracker.

70974740403__8CE0315F-2132-450C-99D7-55B48D9896A6.jpeg

Latest posts

Back