What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How deep is that band saw? Something looks different about it. My bench top belt sander took a dump 10 years ago. That tool is a real keeper. Never knew what I was missing till I bought one, and I bought it for just one job.
Just read about the Grizzly......... wide throat, but not as tall as some. Never heard of a variable speed unit.

Last edited:
I pulled the plugs on my '73 stepside and made a nozzle to spray Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders. It hasn't been started for about 6 years. When the weather gets better, I have some oil and a filter on hand and new plugs. The Marvel is to loosen up the rings in case they are stuck a little. Gonna get a new fuel filter and clean the carb too, then prime the oil system just in case. A lot of guys just dump in new fuel and crank the engine on a rig that's been setting for years. That scares me to death.
I shoulda started it every couple months and kept fresh fuel in it. Oh well.......... it will be interesting to see her come to life again.

Being lowered is gonna make the oil and filter change fun. Gonna jack up all 4 corners to make it go easier.
My old friend is rusting into the ground and it will sell better if it's running. Kinda sad. That's what made my old photo excursions possible.

Last edited:
How deep is that band saw? Something looks different about it. My bench top belt sander took a dump 10 years ago. That tool is a real keeper. Never knew what I was missing till I bought one, and I bought it for just one job.
Just read about the Grizzly......... wide throat, but not as tall as some. Never heard of a variable speed unit.

It is a 12" . Only variable speed band saw that I have ever seen.

I really doubt it but I do have 2 table saws, 2 radial arm saws, routers, 4" planer, 3 or 4 circular saws, small band saw, 2 chop saws a 10" and a 12" plus the battery operated stuff, and a recip saw. I know I missed some stuff and really need more. If you going to play the game you need the toys.

:camping:

Daris

Thanks for the fish-cooking tips. Ended up using steamer bags and throwing in some "real lemon" liquid and garlic salt. Steamer bag had precise instructions for just how long to cook it from frozen and it turned out fine (at least she had no complaints about it).

I need to catalog all of my tools down in the workshop at some point. I know there's a drill bit, shopsmith, tablesaw, etc.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Got a great group of installers that are helping do 1800 sf of LVP in a new home. The home is for Building For America's Bravest. It is my pleasure to help this veteran with his new home.

Are these vets that have been wounded or ones that don't have any problems. My hat is off to you man. If I was closer I'd be there in a heart beat. If my buddy George is there give him a hug for me will ya.

:camping:

Daris

Did a restretch today in a large living room at a B&B. The carpet is about 7 years old. My brother and I did the original installation when the people build the place 28 years ago. The bedroom carpets are still the original stuff.
The house sets on a lake right next to the ocean and the guy teaches windsurfing. Plenty of wind down there.
Got home to find my new brushes for my shop vac in the mail box. The vacuum failed to start last Saturday.
Not bad, as I ordered them Sunday night from a place in southern California. 3 days from there to here and it only cost $3 shipping via USPS. They got a class act getting it shipped right out.
...so $19 total cost get's me a new/12 year old vacuum. I think it has more power than when it was new. va va varoooom!
The companies name is http://store.eurtonelectric.com/brushes.aspx

I finally got tired of getting the "windows is not genuine" error despite having a genuine version of windows. Since I can't for the life of me figure out where I put the CD, I looked for a fix online that works if windows is actually genuine. Just used it and am seeing if it improves my computer's performance.
Apparently, one of the symptoms (aside from a nagging popup every 15 minutes) was the system slowing down. So, it was throttling me. I've got a series of pics of my father in Egypt as my background now. Hopefully it might help with some of the issues.

Highup, awesome news about the shop vac. And man, that must have been some very good carpet to last that long- sounds like they were taking good care of it.

Did a restretch today in a large living room at a B&B. The carpet is about 7 years old. My brother and I did the original installation when the people build the place 28 years ago. The bedroom carpets are still the original stuff.
The house sets on a lake right next to the ocean and the guy teaches windsurfing. Plenty of wind down there.
Got home to find my new brushes for my shop vac in the mail box. The vacuum failed to start last Saturday.
Not bad, as I ordered them Sunday night from a place in southern California. 3 days from there to here and it only cost $3 shipping via USPS. They got a class act getting it shipped right out.
...so $19 total cost get's me a new/12 year old vacuum. I think it has more power than when it was new. va va varoooom!
The companies name is http://store.eurtonelectric.com/brushes.aspx

Does your brother ever work with you anymore?

Happy Birthday. 70 is a good age to be. But don't put that many candles on the cake. Under it and you may be able to cook it.

I turned 70 today.
Um, yes.................. but that was the calendar doing something as you just sat on your butt and typed. :D
Hey Rusty....... I opened two topics in less than 15 minutes. Maybe there is hope with the site changes.

...and no, by brother doesn't install anymore. He's 1 1/2 years older than me and had a stroke about age 41. He's doing fine now, but the healing process took a long time to fix itself and by then the house, van and business went by by. His only lasting issue is political, but my vote will always cancel out his vote... which makes our voting a total waste of time. :D
My own jobs are too small and too far between for two of us. He'll be 62 in about a month. I'll be 61 in about 7 months.

.........Happy Birthday Rusty. I'd bake you a cake, but I don't bake.

Latest posts

Back