What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 7474 View attachment 7475 View attachment 7476 I started a unique project today.
200 yards of vinyl with 95 sheets (4’x4’) of underlayment. Oh... and it’s on an island.
The biggest shot was 13’2”x47’
We got all the materials out there and 1/2 of the underlayment installed , today
I feel like I was run over by a truck.
I’m pouring a couple of heinekens on my aching bones as we speak.

Don the house I did on an island we went across on the ice, in a loaded van. Had the doors open the whole way just in case I heard the ice crack. The Ho had a trail that we had to follow him in his Caddie.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got up there today and it was pouring rain.
I don’t have a good rain coat or pants, I made one out of a 55 gallon drum liner, cut out a head hole and 2 arm holes. I looked like a hefty guy wearing a hefty bag.
1/2 hour after we got to the island it was beautiful out for hours .o_O
And of course it rained on the way back in .
The rest of the week is supposed to be nice .

Getting ready to head over to my Coretec install and attempt to get some floor down. Earlier this week, I ground 20 lbs of concrete from a high spot, then put down 6 or 7 bags of Feather finish. Wavy gravy slab. I went over to get the starter rows in yesterday and part way through, I discovered another small high area near the corner of the room. I labeled and pulled my 4 starter rows off the floor, did some grinding and filling, so today, I will begin getting some flooring down. I was hoping to finish today or tomorrow, but that put's me a day behind. Renters are arriving Wednesday, so it needs to get wrapped up.
It's going slow because I'm net fitting two tiled walls that both have 3 foot wide steps.... net fitting close enough for a little grout caulk.

If you worked more than one hour a day you'da been done by now. :p

We got up there today and it was pouring rain.
I don’t have a good rain coat or pants, I made one out of a 55 gallon drum liner, cut out a head hole and 2 arm holes. I looked like a hefty guy wearing a hefty bag.
1/2 hour after we got to the island it was beautiful out for hours .o_O
And of course it rained on the way back in .
The rest of the week is supposed to be nice .

Don we call your dress style as a high vis jacket when some oaf on a site asks where your high vis is
Seen guys wearing the bags the rubber comes in as well as a rain coat :)
Only have done island job here and there was not enough vinyl to finish the job so therefore 2 trips on a jet boat to get there

A little fog delay this am,

Attachments

• 556CD61E-91D1-436F-A3B3-1CE8D3E840BD.jpeg
    556CD61E-91D1-436F-A3B3-1CE8D3E840BD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • 3EB5284B-20B5-47EE-AF71-100761D10C8D.jpeg
    3EB5284B-20B5-47EE-AF71-100761D10C8D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
I heard there were some tornadoes in parts of NY recently. Hope nobody was hurt.

A pottery wheel sounds cool. Other than one very bad day where my project kept turning to sludge, I enjoyed using the pottery wheel in ceramics class. I'll have to take pictures of some of the stuff I made in class some day. Some of it is horribly ugly, but I still made it. LOL.

Every time I hear "Loch Ness Monster" I think of the South Park episode with Chef's parents and the monster always asking for "about tree fitty".

Highup, I tend to agree. I need to come up with some solution. When it rains hard the water just comes pouring down like from a waterslide. I wanted to set up a rain barrel or something to catch the water and then have some way to disperse it away from the house. I think it pours out a full 2 feet from the edge because it all merges and pours off with such force.

Yesterday I helped my friend wash his truck while my mother drove his fiance over to visit her mom. I may have mentioned that I won an argument with the girl's mom on FB and the mom now hates me. Since she'd never had any interaction with my mother, we figured it would be better for her to go. Unfortunately, being a complete stranger didn't help. A little back story: The girl's birth mother was a prostitute who used meth, smoked, and drank alcohol while pregnant. So, the girl has fetal alcohol syndrome and other health issues-- including being born with a hole in her heart that was not detected until her recent seizure. She was adopted as an infant & the adopted mom was getting paid by the state to care for her & was eligible to collect until the girl was 21 if the girl had stayed with her. But, the girl moved out at 19 bc the mom was being unreasonable & controlling (like smashing her phone with a hammer bc she didn't like someone the girl was talking to). The mom also claims to have "all" arteries blocked and that there is no chance for surgery-- making the poor kid think that death is imminent for the manipulative hag. The girl wanted to see her mom because she's afraid she won't be around long & is worried. They were only over there a few minutes when the mom went in to full hellbeast mode and started screaming and swearing at my mother & the girl for no reason. Just flipped out. My mother mentioned the girl's heart condition and how she needs surgery & apparently that set hellbeast off. She said it was lies & there was nothing wrong with the kid and that she is far worse off than the kid & was screaming at the girl even though she didn't say anything. When my mother pointed out that the girl hadn't said anything so it made no sense for her to be yelling at her, the hellbeast screamed at both of them to get the eff out of her house. They left & the girl called my friend up absolutely sobbing and my mother was so distracted she backed up into a tree. Fortunately she just tapped it and popped the bumper cover loose on the side, but my friend was able to pop it back in place.

That the girl needs to avoid that hellbeast. And the hellbeast is almost certainly lying about her own health. No wonder the poor kid is so neurotic. It's a good thing that I didn't go because I would have shouted right back at her & told her exactly what I thought of her and her manipulation and BS.

Sorry, venting. I have no tolerance for toxic people like that. As much as I complain about my own mother, she's 1,000 times better than that.

Measured up a couple apartment units this afternoon and drew up a layout. Both units are within an inch of being the same, so that make it easy to figure. Nice owners. They even like my prices. Ok, maybe that's a stretch, but they do like my work and they put up with me working just one hour a day. ;) One unit will probably be ready late next week and the other looks like a month away. They are doing renovations before putting them up for sale.​

Last edited:
Rainy and cold here also. Temp in the 50's. Was hoping to get garden worked up today and ready to plant this week. Got to till on up for the granddaughter also. By the looks of things I will be planting after Memorial Day when I usually do it on the long weekend.

We got a couple inches of rain. Hot and humid today. Some showers. Trying to work on my trailer lights. Loaned it one time to my daughter's boyfriend. He broke the tailgate, one light fixture (they were new) and bent the license plate. And none of the lights work now. What an idiot (me, for letting him use it).

Latest posts

Back