What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a old woodworker pass on a neat trick to get stains and rust off cast iron work tables like on table and band saws. Get a cheap "cut and loop" oscillating palm sander. A metal scotch brite pad will stick on them just like the sandpaper. it will make the cast iron look like new. It does a much better job than sandpaper

I use a product called Iron out from HD , or Lowes .. Powder form ..just add a little water , and wait 1/2 hr , then wipe it off ..

Morning. Crazy weather yesterday. Was up to 111 degrees, then the monsoons hit. We had at least an inch of rain in 20 minutes, 60 mph winds, and it dropped to 91 degrees. Neighbor's Ez-up blew 2 blocks away, we lost 2 trees on the street, and every lemon on both of my lemon trees dropped to the ground. I am still throwing away the lemons and lost about 200 pounds of fruit. It was a nice change of pace.

Morning. Crazy weather yesterday. Was up to 111 degrees, then the monsoons hit. We had at least an inch of rain in 20 minutes, 60 mph winds, and it dropped to 91 degrees. Neighbor's Ez-up blew 2 blocks away, we lost 2 trees on the street, and every lemon on both of my lemon trees dropped to the ground. I am still throwing away the lemons and lost about 200 pounds of fruit. It was a nice change of pace.
Sounds crazy

I thought monsoons were for AZ?
Dang, that's got to be scary living in paradise.
.......OK, so Paridise is 500 miles North. Still gotta be scary. Was the weather change forecasted?

Hi, there was a slight possibility we could get monsoons here, as this is the remnants of the hurricane down in Mexico. Because of the high pressure, it spun it to the west instead of the normal easterly path through New Mexico and Arizona. I found out today that this monsoon sent a flash flood down the street, covering the intersections south of me with 18" of water. Funny thing is my pool is covered in pine needles. The only pine tree is about 300 yards away, which gives you an idea of how bad the wind was.

My dad and I, many moons ago.
36863429_1967027673310184_4347735706580287488_n.jpg

I wish there were some photos of me and my brother with dad like that. Seems Christmas and birthdays were the only time a camera appeared.

Latest posts

Back