What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You remember my 10 year old granddaughter who won all the gymnastic medals, well she decided to play 4th grade football. In practice, the coach throws her the football, she runs right at a boy who outweighed her by 50 lbs and she flattened him. Funniest thing.

Did a burn repair in a motel rental house. Burn was made when a tenant/renter took one rack from a blazing hot oven and walked 8 feet into the dining room and set it down on the carpet, leaning it against a book case. Looked like a flawlessly made, 2 foot wide Bar-H cattle brand on the thin looped pile carpet. Melted the carpet to a shiny pitch black color. Everyone is wondering how the pot holders survived. :D ..they're wondering other things too. ;)
Tomorrow I'm making a new gate for a nice old customer. Current gate has warped and won't shut. I'm a floor layer with many hats.

Last edited:
I tried cutting a hole in the wall for an access panel to get to the back of the shower plumbing. Discovered that my friend forgot to return my blades, my screwdriver/drill attachment (but I had a spare), & my drill bits & screwdriver heads. I managed to find a spade bit and a blade, but ran in to some snags- a stud & a horizontal wooden block. Battery gave out on the tool so I'm charging it. I started sweating like crazy-- haven't been feeling well the last couple of days-- and had to take a break. I have to go to Lake Charles in the morning so I need to get some sleep tonight. Might stop at a hardware store tomorrow and see about getting some more dill bits & blades.

I tried cutting a hole in the wall for an access panel to get to the back of the shower plumbing. Discovered that my friend forgot to return my blades, my screwdriver/drill attachment (but I had a spare), & my drill bits & screwdriver heads. I managed to find a spade bit and a blade, but ran in to some snags- a stud & a horizontal wooden block. Battery gave out on the tool so I'm charging it. I started sweating like crazy-- haven't been feeling well the last couple of days-- and had to take a break. I have to go to Lake Charles in the morning so I need to get some sleep tonight. Might stop at a hardware store tomorrow and see about getting some more dill bits & blades.

Are you using a multifunction oscillating tool? If not why not?

Are you using a multifunction oscillating tool? If not why not?
Good idea. I've never used that attachment before so I'm not quite sure how to use it. I will need to see if I still have the blades for it. Any tips on how to use it?

Turns out I'm not getting my blades & screwdriver bits back. Friend said they all broke. They were a cheap set from Walmart so that isn't surprising. I didn't see my oscillating blades in the toolbox and was missing a few hole saw bits as well. I'll just have to go over there some time and look for my stuff and bring a magnet.
I bought some new drill bits from Lowes & got a hand saw in case I have trouble with the powered one.
Lake Charles trip took longer than expected bc of traffic & getting stuck on a double figure 8. We'd get off one figure 8 and it would loop to the other one. Went around it for almost 30 min with GPS telling us to keep staying on it until I finally said "f*** it" and took an exit near a Lowes. Get the military discount there. Got some stuff on clearance plus the discount and the sales tax there is 1% lower there than it is here.
I fed my mother & went to bed as soon as I got home & didn't wake up until almost 5pm today. Still exhausted.

I got some new P-trap kits with slip joint to solvent weld adapters for when I add vents to the lavatories. One snag with installing is that my lav has a metal S-trap. I don't want to climb under the house so I got a fernco fitting to temporarily bridge from PVC to metal-- but I need to figure out the best way to smoothly cut the metal (it's only temporary of course-- eventually I plan to climb under & fix it properly).

That is good .. They want you at 7 and under .. I get a full blood work done every 3 months .. Do to being Diabetic ..
Me Too. But my Dr. wanted to put me on insulin and I begged off for 3 months. I went on a diet and lost 30+ lbs. Brought my A1c down from 8.4 to 5.3 and a host of other bad numbers. Just a change of diet which I don't mind. I eat a lot of grilled veggies and salad along with oatmeal for breakfast. I also quit all but 1 slice of bread and white potatoes. Instead I eat sweet potatoes. I do miss fried chicken and fried foods though. Sunday is my bad food day, but I do good at policing myself. Another 60 lbs. and I would be a happy camper but for now it is 1 lb at a time.

Daris

Latest posts

Back