What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told if you use the adapter with the 20volt battery, it will burn out the 18 volt tool.
The tool guy at Home Depot said he sees it all the time. Then when it burns your tool out , you’ll buy the 20 volt tool because you have the 20 volt battery

https://www.constructionjunkie.com/...your-18v-dewalt-tools-with-this-handy-adapter
“With virtually no self-discharge, DEWALT’s Lithium Ion compact and premium battery packs offer higher capacity and higher energy density compared to standard 18V NiCd and NiMH batteries without adding weight,” said DeWalt in a press release. Current 20V batteries are available in the 1.3Ah, 1.5Ah, 2.0Ah XR, 3.0Ah, 4.0Ah XR, and 5.0Ah XR varieties.

3/3/16 Update: If you are using DeWalt 18V compact drills with model number DC970 or DC759, you should only use the following 20V batteries with the adapter: DCB201, DCB203, DCB203BT.

You know what is needed is an adapter that will make all these battery operated tools use 110 volt. I threw out a bunch of tools because they changed the battery configuration or don't make batteries for them anymore.
Bought a Craftsman drill years ago. 3 months later they discontinued it. And remember the rechargeable tacker, used the same staples as the Duofast, and very powerful. Battery quit on mine and they had quit making it.

Paid my car insurance, watched a Godzilla movie, ate a tuna sandwich and went to the store.................
O wait!! Sorry, thought this was facebook. :D
We're supposed to get .1 to .25 inches of rain tonight. Guess the seasons are a changing.

Downloaded Vader for my box to watch the football games .. Played with it half the day working out the bugs in it .. It's getting to the point where it is easier to fix a confuser then turn on your TV..:mad:

Had a new Well Pump, and Tank installed today .. $2,450.00 .. I did ask them if it was true about what they say about a Well Diggers Arse..

They confirmed it .. :D

I'm heading over to look at a job I did back in 1990 or thereabouts. New owner now. They have some water damage and I think the living room carpet needs replacing. I don't know if I'm up to that. The living room is 20 by 47 as I recall with angled walls/windows on 1/2 the room and there's baseboard water heat radiators below each window... as I recall, the heaters are pretty much continuous from one end of the room to the other. On the other side is a wide fireplace with an overhanging concrete hearth and some wide stairs sweeping into the room.
Another "wall" is all cabinets with the entertainment system and I think a wet bar.
I layed the carpet out the long way last time with one seam down the middle. The homeowner owned the local Ford dealership. He grabbed 6 of his shop guys to come up and help carry the two 47 foot pieces of carpet down into the living room. That room nearly did me in 28 years ago.
Gonna be interesting seeing this place again.

Fixing a friends Laptop that is about ready to be returned to him in a 1,000 piece Puzzle box ..:mad: It wouldn't even boot when he gave it to me ..
I got it booting into normal mode, and taking the log in password, But there is still a lot more issues with it .. Really cutting into my nap time ..

Latest posts

Back