What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
China who makes a lot of the Mother Boards for the us company's put a chip in it to hack our government , and large company's ..
They are also in your phones, TV, {ETC}.. We do the same thing to other country's..

Anyone use Paypal? I got screwed by them once years ago and so did Nick's buddy Selva. Are they any better now?
Use them exclusively for Ebay which I am using less and less of. Never had an issue that I can think of. I do a few dozen transactions a year, nearly all BUYS probably at an average cost of $15-25 total including shipping costs. So its really never been a transaction size that I would sweat over.

My decrease in using Ebay is primarily due to it becoming less and less like a yard sale/swap meet/pawn shop and more and more like a 99centsOnly store or other cheapass discount store featuring plastic crap from China.

I did a job yesterday, floating LVT in a cut up kitchen and long hallways. Carpet rip up, 1/4 round, cove base, appliances.
I cheated 2 days short, of the three weeks recovery time after surgery.
Nice gentle break in , with a 10 hour day o_O.
Felt good to do something productive.
My legs are real sore today.
I have some pretty decent work lined up for the next few weeks.
Looking forward to it !

Finished sanding kitchen walls and ceiling with 120. Wiped it all down with damp rag. Former owner was a smoker so the water ended up milky yellow and pretty disgusting. Leaving the plastic up till ceiling is painted. 52% humidity in house. I think I’m ok. I’ll cut in tomorrow. Hope my caffeine shakes take a day off!

AE0C0112-6268-43E3-872F-3D235AA29C62.jpeg
My official “first day” back to work.
450’ of core-tec.
I’ve never been so pumped, to get back to work.

You can spray the walls with Simple Green.. I did it to a house , and the Nicotine just ran down the wall ..
Thanks.

I think the walls are clean enough to paint now.

Once that's done I'll wipe down the cabinets with a wood cleaner. Maybe Murphy's Oil Soap.

Right now, Pennsylvania has a lot of humidity in the air. The inside air is at 52% but I have to open the window for ventilation when I paint. And the humidity outside is 90% right now. But I think if I just crack the window the AC should keep things dry enough. I'm not going to bump my head on wet paint unless I get a long pair of stilts...

At the same time I’m going to start staining trim and baseboard for kitchen.

The old trim was poorly stained. But I found a match which if applied correctly looks really good. See example. The broken piece is the old baseboard. The nicer piece is the back of some molding I tested the stain on. Zar Teak.

Attachments

• 53D6D71C-5308-470D-9674-D886113E20D1.jpeg
    53D6D71C-5308-470D-9674-D886113E20D1.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back